cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my phone service

rose69
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am a new customer to Public.  For some reason my phone calls go right to voicemail instead of ringing through.  If I turn my phone off completely and restart it works.  I am not sure if this is a service problem as I have had my phone checked and I have not had any problems with it.  It is compatible with Public and I have not had any issues with my previous provider.

Hope you can help me.

With thanks, Carolyn

9 REPLIES 9

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

First of all, which kind of phone?

In the state where people calling you go straight to voicemail, are you able to call out? able to send/receive texts? Access data? If yes to any of these you can begin troubleshooting which conditional forward is being triggered, by redirecting each of the three one at a time to somewhere other than your voicemail:

• *67*xxxyyyzzzz# - redirect "Busy/Declined" - If the caller gets forwarded to your specified # instead of your voicemail, it's because your phone is actively declining the call, and is not actually offline.
  • *62*xxxyyyzzzz# - "not reachable" - if your phone is offline/airplane mode
  • *61*xxxyyyzzzz# - "no answer" - after 25 seconds of no answer, forward

Reset any custom conditional forwards with: ##004# - on Public Mobile, this will automatically reset all 3 back to your local voicemail deposit #.

There are some other settings which can automatically decline calls:

Android: Do not disturb mode, blocked callers, Call Screening

iPhone: "Do Not Disturb While Driving" mode, regular do not disturb.

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@rose69  There's a few possible scenarios, as folks here have mentioned.

Given that I've had this sort of issue on occasion too, it MIGHT be as @LovesToPM mentioned, i.e. "If calls are going striaght to voicemail, the cell signal to your phone may too weak". I live in an area with poor signal strength, and have several calls never ring on my phone, and go straight to voicemail, yet other times the calls work fine. I suggest you check on the signal strength, if for no other reason, than to possibly eliminate that as the reason. Have a look in the "settings/about phone/phone status" or something similar, and find out what the readings are, according to your phone.

Also, who was your previous provider, that you had "no issues" with? I ask, because as mentioned above, signal strength COULD be the difference, depending on where you live, and who that previous provider was.

twiegert
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This happened to me too when I started my plan with public mobile. But just waiting a few hours, and restarting the phone, it was solved by itself. Hopefully the same is true for you. 

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It's possible that the calls are being blocked. Revert back to original setting if this is the case. Contact a moderator if the issue persists. The members have outlined how to do this.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@rose69 

Which phone are you using?

Your phone may be in deep sleep and take a while to wake up.  By the time it wakes up and PM was already forwarded your call to voicemail.

@will13am  I didn't put 2 and 2 together on that one.

@rose69   Airplane mode can still help but definitely do not use the lost /stolen trick it won't help and just cause a reward issue.

@darlicious wrote:

@rose69  If you ported a number you have had all the services working before this started? Your old account is closed? Rebooting will often fix the problem but if it continues to recur try turning airplane mode on. Wait 10 minutes. Turn airplane mode off. Reboot phone. If it still continues  you have 2 options. Contact the moderators to fix it. Or use the lost/ stolen feature. This will cause rewards to not be applied on renewal and the need to contact the moderators anyways just later down the road with less urgency. By going into your account and reporting it lost/stolen. Log out. Wait 5 minutes. Log in. Report found. Log out. Reboot phone. This will fix it.

But if it's a just a nuisance it is better to contact the moderators for assistance  by clicking on the (?)at the bottom right of your screen and submit a ticket via Simon explaining your issue to the moderators. Type rep or human and account specific question and follow the prompts to explain your issue and submit a service ticket.  Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number will pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up your service times. The service times have been very quick lately so this the recommended solution.

If rebooting the phone works, then it is not an account problem.  Somehow the phone is "disconnecting" from the network from time to time.  It could be a signal strength issue or bad software.  I doubt that it is a phone hardware issue as reboots don't fix those kind of problems. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@rose69  If you ported a number you have had all the services working before this started? Your old account is closed? Rebooting will often fix the problem but if it continues to recur try turning airplane mode on. Wait 10 minutes. Turn airplane mode off. Reboot phone. If it still continues  you have 2 options. Contact the moderators to fix it. Or use the lost/ stolen feature. This will cause rewards to not be applied on renewal and the need to contact the moderators anyways just later down the road with less urgency. By going into your account and reporting it lost/stolen. Log out. Wait 5 minutes. Log in. Report found. Log out. Reboot phone. This will fix it.

But if it's a just a nuisance it is better to contact the moderators for assistance  by clicking on the (?)at the bottom right of your screen and submit a ticket via Simon explaining your issue to the moderators. Type rep or human and account specific question and follow the prompts to explain your issue and submit a service ticket.  Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number will pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up your service times. The service times have been very quick lately so this the recommended solution.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@rose69 wrote:

I am a new customer to Public.  For some reason my phone calls go right to voicemail instead of ringing through.  If I turn my phone off completely and restart it works.  I am not sure if this is a service problem as I have had my phone checked and I have not had any problems with it.  It is compatible with Public and I have not had any issues with my previous provider.

Hope you can help me.

With thanks, Carolyn

If restarting your phone works, it should mean all is well with your PM account.

How frequently do you have to restart the phone to receive calls?

When it happens that you cannot receive calls, check your phone. Are you still connected to Public Mobile? Are you able to make calls out?

If calls are going striaght to voicemail, the cell signal to your phone may too weak or your phone is too "busy" with other tasks at times to receive the call.

If you have another phone you can use, you can try the SIM card on there and see if the problem is resolved.

Need Help? Let's chat.