Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my phone does not work.

shivag
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

11 REPLIES 11

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @LoriRitter   Got your message about the SIM.  So, you tested the SIM on another phone and same issue?

You will need to contact PM and see if they can either send you a SIM or reimburse you the cost.  You said you live far from a store for the SIM?  If so, ask PM to try to send you a replacement one but it could take couple days

To open ticket with PM Support, click on the Bubble on the lower right or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.  Follow these these to get to ticket open page quicker:

1. type: Contact CS Agent
  2. Click "Contact Us"
  3. Click "Other"
  4. Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
  5. you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

LoriRitter
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I will try taking SIM out again .. Need a min

LoriRitter

No SIM error that I can see.  Nothing works can't text call nothing

LoriRitter

Says no network found??

@LoriRitter   Did you buy your phone from a trusted source before?  or private sell via Kijiji or something like that?

First check if your phone is blacklisted

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

LoriRitter

I did most of that.  Acct is active  I have data.  My phone just suddenly could not connect to public mobile   nothing works

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@HALIMACS  Yeah, it might not matter which order you do as long as it gets fixed. 🙂

It's just, you cannot expect it to work if it is not paid for and that is 100% for sure.. Everything else are 'potential' solutions. Good list to have anyway.. I might 'keep it' somewhere. 

@Camera4617 wrote:

@HALIMACS wrote:

@shivag 

Try this step by step troubleshooter:

1. Toggle airplane mode off.
  2. Power OFF your device, wait 1 minute, turn on and check for signal bars.
  3. Check on account self-serve that your account status is "Active", if it requires manual payment, you can make one there.

These are great steps for troubleshooting but I'd just do step #3 as the #1.. Make sure your line is Active in Self Serve otherwise, all other don't matter. 

Sure, @Camera4617 

But you'd be surprised how many people have accidentally toggled their airplane mode on - a simple thing to look for first.   Following that, a reboot will fix many common connections errors.

You're correct in that given the limited information on the original post, it's likely a payment issue, however we'd have to read the OP's mind to know more...

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@HALIMACS wrote:

@shivag 

Try this step by step troubleshooter:

3. Check on account self-serve that your account status is "Active", if it requires manual payment, you can make one there.
  4. Make sure the device is not locked to a different carrier.
  5. Make sure you’re in a covered area and there are no cellular outages.
  6. Change Wi-Fi calling preferences to Cellular Preferred or Cellular Only.
  7. Set network mode to Auto.
  8. Reset network settings.
  9. Update device software to latest version.
  10. Perform a manual network selection.
  11. Check that SIM card number matches the SIM card number in your phone.  This requires Moderator assistance to confirm SIM# registered to account.

These are great steps for troubleshooting but I'd just do step #3 as the #1.. Make sure your line is Active in Self Serve otherwise, all other don't matter. 

Any error showing?  Like Sim error or so?  

Is Public Mobile showing on top of the phone?

Voice working? Data working?

Try to put the SIM out, wipe it clean before put it back and power on and see if that resolves the issue

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@shivag 

Try this step by step troubleshooter, in the order outlined:

4. Make sure the device is not locked to a different carrier.
  5. Make sure you’re in a covered area and there are no cellular outages.
  6. Change Wi-Fi calling preferences to Cellular Preferred or Cellular Only.
  7. Set network mode to Auto.
  8. Reset network settings.
  9. Update device software to latest version.
  10. Check that SIM card number matches the SIM card number in your phone.  This requires Moderator assistance to confirm SIM# registered to account.

Need Help? Let's chat.