cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moto g5 plus - international version

TML2016
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

so i bought a refurbished moto g5 plus.... and sometimes it doesnt work properly and its still under warranty...so i am returning it however its not the international version..

does anybody have the international version? i found a good deal on one.. does it work with public mobile? internet sites dont seem to say for sure one way or the other..

3 REPLIES 3

Audit13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi, 

Do you have the model number for the international version of the Moto G5 Plus? I know that Lenovo uses the same name for different versions of the phone. With a specific model number, you will be able to compare the results from different websites including willmyphonework.net.

Thanks.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@TML2016 by international version, I'm assuming you mean either the single SIM XT1684 or the dual SIM XT1685, rather than the USA model (XT1687).  If so, both versions are fine for calls, texts, and 3G HSPA+ data, since they have the 850MHz & 1900MHz 3G bands required for those things.  On the faster data side, you'd be missing band 4, the primary LTE band in use with PM, as well as some supplementary bands such as band 2, 5, 12, 17.  You've only got band 7.  So depending where you are located, you may get some band 7, but if it's not availabile, you'll drop back down to 3G HSPA+.  This may be find for your needs though--honestly it's fast enough for most people.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Check the compatibility on the site: https://willmyphonework.net/

This site is know to be accurate.  

Need Help? Let's chat.