cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moto g5/moto g5 plus/other

TML2016
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

so i dropped by phone and the screen is broke.. ugh

wanted to get this phone... cant tell from anywhere if it will work with public mobile.. anybody able to verify? ive checked the compatibility websites but they can't confirm lte.

if it doesnt anybody have suggestions for the best budget phone in the $200 and $300 range?

13 REPLIES 13

I bought my Moto g5 plus in the States and it work perfectly well across Canada!

PBForMe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The Zenfone 3 Snapdragon 625 variant is a nice midrange phone, good battery life, dual sim, sdcard support and on Nougat for about 300 on amazon.

If you need even more battery life the Zenfone 3 Zoom has a crazy 5000mah battery for about 400 bucks on amazon as well. 

skmkenn

From what I can see it should be compatible with both 3G/4G (HSPA) and LTE on Public Mobile's network.

TML2016

sorry should have asked.. you said the us and canadian version will work.. if i get the us version from amazon ill still check lte correct? i see that it will work on 3g for sure but the compatibility websites say it only might work on lte

TML2016

hmm okay cracked my old moto g phone... so guess ill pull the trigger on a refurbished moto g5 plus i found. thanks.

Both the US and Canadian versions will work. 

TML2016

Are you able to verify which version you bought? im assuming the US?

skmkenn

If you purchase one from TELUS or Koodo it will work with Public Mobile even without needing to be unlocked. 

I can confirm the moto g5 plus working with PM.
Be careful when you choose/where you buy it, because there is different versions in the States and elsewhere in the world...

Main difference is that no model has dual SIM AND compass... Need to choose one or the other. If you buy it from the States I would definitively choose the 64gb/4gb over the 32gb/2gb... The price difference isn't much and you would likely eventually need to buy a SD card anyways if you choose the 32gb...

Also, and updated version of the moto g5/g5 plus has been announced, you may want to wait a bit for the new one (or for a discount on the old ones).

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Use this website to check phone band compatibility.

https://willmyphonework.net/

Shutdown

Any phone that works with telus should work with PM so any telus/koodo phone they are selling will work.

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire
If you want a stock Android experience, than the moto is the way to go. The moto g5 will work with PM

If you aren't too too picky and just want basics, BLU phones can be another option

Asus also makes good budget friendly phones in your price range, but they come with a lot of bloatware (or so I've heard)
Need Help? Let's chat.