cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost sim card

iliskova
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I lost my phone and when it was handed in to Lost and Found the SIM card was gonne. I bought new SIM card, kept my number and account etc following instructions from this community. Now I need to know if the person who stole my old SIM card can use it for anything? Is it deactivated? Thank You!

6 REPLIES 6

After you purchase a new the log into your account and click on change sim.

F You Find Your Phone:

Hooray! Simply follow the same steps below to resume your service.

1. Log into your Self-Serve account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-Ons > Lost/Stolen Phone
  3. Select Resume Service

Purchasing And Replacing Your SIM Card:

You may purchase a SIM card online or in retail.

Once you receive your new SIM card, you can change the SIM card number on your account and reactivate your service via Self-Serve by following these steps:

1. Log into your Self-Serve account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-ons > Change SIM card

image2

Kempffc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

I have done the same, lost the phone and sim cars. phone and sim are locke so can't be used but I need a new sim with same number. how do i do this      /

thanks

@will13am wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@iliskova wrote:

I lost my phone and when it was handed in to Lost and Found the SIM card was gonne. I bought new SIM card, kept my number and account etc following instructions from this community. Now I need to know if the person who stole my old SIM card can use it for anything? Is it deactivated? Thank You!

If it's a modern smartphone, you might want to see if there is a remote wipe of data feature. Also, I would contact Public Mobile to have the IMEI of that device blacklisted so that other people can't use the device.  As @Dunkman said, the actual sim card is useless to that person.

I think OP said the phone has handed into lost and found but there was no SIM card in it.  Presumably the person who took the phone wanted to use the service but probably could not do so because the phone was probably password locked.  This would be dumb move of course because any usage can be tracked and associated with phone IMEI, location, everything.  This person has a cookie crumb trail right to their front door.

Reading that again, you read correctly.  It's strange that someone would remove the sim but leave the phone behind.  I would think that usually it's the other way around where a person takes the phone but throws the sim in the trash.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@iliskova wrote:

If it's a modern smartphone, you might want to see if there is a remote wipe of data feature. Also, I would contact Public Mobile to have the IMEI of that device blacklisted so that other people can't use the device.  As @Dunkman said, the actual sim card is useless to that person.

I think OP said the phone has handed into lost and found but there was no SIM card in it.  Presumably the person who took the phone wanted to use the service but probably could not do so because the phone was probably password locked.  This would be dumb move of course because any usage can be tracked and associated with phone IMEI, location, everything.  This person has a cookie crumb trail right to their front door.

@iliskova wrote:

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@iliskova 

Once you switched the SIM card via your self service account, the previous SIM card is useless and can't be used.  Inactive SIM card.  

Need Help? Let's chat.