cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost phone

Mrgroundfeld
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What can you do when you lost your phone and don't have any informations to give to team-moderator excepted your phone number and your plan on the account?

10 REPLIES 10

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Mrgroundfeld unfortunately they can't do anything and I hope they don't do anything. if you don't know your own information, then you're out of luck. you can purchase a new sim and new phone number. this time take a note of your details.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Mrgroundfeld wrote:

What can you do when you lost your phone and don't have any informations to give to team-moderator excepted your phone number and your plan on the account?

can't connect to the selfserve... never activated it. I do no remember the email address or the home address, did the account years ago, save for the las number called or texted...no i haven' report it yet the ligne has to be activated if i want to transfert it to another carrier 

Hi @Mrgroundfeld you never activated your self-serve account?  How did you pay for your service?  As already mentioned above, if your phone had been suspended for non-payment for 90 days, your account is closed.  And if your account is closed, the moderators cannot help you.  I think that's how it works, but I could be wrong.  Good luck!

@Mrgroundfeld wrote:

can't connect to the selfserve... never activated it. I do no remember the email address or the home address, did the account years ago, save for the las number called or texted...no i haven' report it yet the ligne has to be activated if i want to transfert it to another carrier 

Hello @Mrgroundfeld 

If you never activated SELF SERVE account, try now, here:

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Sounds to me like you may need the Public Mobile Moderators help to get you into your SELF SERVE account - that is, if, it has not been suspended for more than 90 days.

Contact the Moderator_Team via private message using this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Mrgroundfeld 

I can understand your frustration with this. If you’re able to login to your self serve do that then click the first link to report your phone as lost.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/suspend-service/

If you forgot your password, then click the link below

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/forgot-password/

If these steps don’t work, then a mod is your only hope.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Mrgroundfeld 

If you still have a vouchers in your drawer or if you can get transaction numbers from your bank for payments together with the last 4 digits of the credit card. Also frequently called/texted number

Pin is a big deal too

@Mrgroundfeld wrote:

@Mrgroundfeld  How many years ago was your account activated? How do you pay for you plan renewals?

@Mrgroundfeld wrote:

If you have not paid within 90 days from your last renewal date the account would be closed. You mentioned you need the line active to port out.  Has it been more than 90 days from the last renewal date since you paid?

Edit: Can you call 1-855-4PUBLIC to get into the PM system?

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Mrgroundfeld wrote:

You don’t have to contact a MOD. If you know your account email and password....go into your My Account and suspend your service. Then for double insurance buy a new Public Mobile SIM card. Then remove your suspension and input the new Sim Card. Then use the new SIM card in a temporary,  new, or regained phone. If you want to save some money because you will not have a phone...then suspend service on your account again. Keep your new SIM card in a safe place. 

Mrgroundfeld
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Mrgroundfeld wrote:

You can give them the name, email, last payment date, cc information, address, security question/answer, numbers called.

Can you log into self service? Have you reported your phone lost in self service?

Need Help? Let's chat.