cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

locked phone

elikavi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I cannot use another simcard on my phone(Samsung) which I bought from public mobile before. After 90 days being out of canada and requesting public mobile to hold my account for 90 days, I came back to canada right 2 days after that deadline and public mobile has totally deactivated all my account, phone number, and plan and everything.

I realy want to get my phone NUmber back but other providers like fido told me that they cannot import the number !!! How can I get this number back?

also, When I tried to use another providers sim card like fido's , on my phone which I bought before from public mobile, again they said that public mobile has locked your phone, even though you paid it before. So, my question here is that what can I do to unlock the phone and also get back my number?

As it is no outside store and also no contact number ( since they deactivated my number, I can not call public mobile) I really donn't know how can I be in contact with them and get the answers for my questions as soon as possible!

Thanks,

12 REPLIES 12

Martin
Legend
Legend

Deleted by Martin.

Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi @elikavi - In addition to following Cyber's post with respect to becoming a customer again, you can request the phone unlock code by emailing us through Contact Us link, also please look at this post created by another customer that lists other Phone Unlock code providers.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

Please follow Cyber's post with respect to becoming a customer again.

As to ordering a SIM card, there is no longer a demand-and-supply problem.

@zakhan78, during that time, PM had a Logjam of Back-Beta-Orders, Now they're getting caught up

Shouldn't take that long again, I hope

zakhan78
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Same thing happend me and it took 03 months to get a new PM no with high plan prices.

@Cyber, I already have that Link to the Beta Thing shared to him

Also, you CAN purchase a Handset from Telus Online Store ONLY, Alcatel Online Store, Apple, BB, Microsoft Stores, Costco, Wal-Mart/ BestBuy Prepaid Stock, NOT their Postpaid Contract Phones, Koodo Physical Stores where if Handsets have a Purple Label, You CAN 100% buy it OUTRIGHT with NO need to become a Koodo Client

@elikavi,

Your account passed 90 days without doing a payment that mean your account and phone number have been deleted from the system.

You cannot recover your phone number and your SIM card is good for trash.

At this moment, Public Mobile is currently in BETA.

They are temporarily accepting new customers only by invitation.

To join the BETA phase, you must register here : http://publicmobile.ca/en/on/beta

You will be contacted by email within a few weeks. Once you receive your invitation code, you will be able to subscribe on Public Mobile and order a free of charge SIM card.

For now, there is no faster way to subscribe on Public Mobile. They are in BETA to make sure everything works perfectly before the official launch.

Public Mobile: Beta Period

Look this up, and click the Icon below to register for Beta

http://publicmobile.ca/en/on/beta

You can Purchase a Unlock Code from Ebay for much cheaper fee than turning to original carrier to unlock, since they charge a $50 fee

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

What Handset do you have, and which carrier was Handset locked to originally?

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Hi. Unfortunately, After 90 Days, Your Account is wiped away PERMANENTLY.

PM CANNOT retrieve it 

Your Old Sim is NOW DEAD

You will Have to Restart the process of joining PM

Need Help? Let's chat.