cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keeping the same phone number

cschillz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently lost my iphone and id like to switch to a samsung, can i just get a new simcard and have the same plan and phone number on the samsung?

6 REPLIES 6

If you can access another iPhone then you can login to your Apple iCloud stuff, download it, delete it from the cloud if you like, and change your login password. Your lost iPhone will sync to these (more recent) account changes the next time it touches the network, hopefully it's enough to protect any data you don't want to share with your old iPhone's new "owner". It's also the only way you can recover your iCloud stuff to migrate it onto Android.

@CalgaryBen seems to be our local iPhone expert, he hopefully won't need to correct my bad/outdated iPhone advice (again). 

@cschillz wrote:

Regarding the phone automatically being blacklisted, im not positive, but its just a matter of ordering a new sim card (My Profile -> Change Sim Card) and activating it on your new phone. 

The phone does not automatically get blacklisted. The customer must request that the moderators do this  Otherwise, someone can take the sim card out, put a different one in, and then keep using the phone. All reporting your phone as lost/stolen does is deactivate the sim card.

Yes, the sim card can be replaced and inserted into another compatible phone.

cschillz

Regarding the phone automatically being blacklisted, im not positive, but its just a matter of ordering a new sim card (My Profile -> Change Sim Card) and activating it on your new phone. 

ACO

how do i get public mobile to blacklist a phone? I lost my phone too, it's not where I left it (I know where I left it), and no one answers it when I call it. I've tried to locate it with google dashboard with no luck, Also tried to lock it with the same service without any luck. 

I've reported the phone lost/stolen in the self serve area, does that mean they'll automatically blacklist it

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@cschillz wrote:

I recently lost my iphone and id like to switch to a samsung, can i just get a new simcard and have the same plan and phone number on the samsung?

I would go in your Apple account and tell it to reset your phone so other people can't see your info.  Also, put a passcode on it and cloud lock it so others can't use it.  You can also get Public Mobile to blacklist the phone.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@cschillz wrote:

I would go in your Apple account and tell it to reset your phone so other people can't see your info.  Also, put a passcode on it and cloud lock it so others can't use it.  You can also get Public Mobile to blacklist the phone.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@cschillz wrote:

@cschillz  Yes, just login to your account and report your phone stolen  Purchase a new SIM and via selfserve select the change SIM card option.

Need Help? Let's chat.