cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issues with iMessage

andreais
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Earlier this week, iMessage stopped working on my iPhone 6. I went into iMessage settings and noticed it said 'Waiting for activation'. I turned on and then off Airplane mode, then iMessage seemed to be working. However, now that it's back - my iMessages are sending to people with a number thats in a different format. My group chats are not working (every message I send sends both a text + an imessage to users who can ALL receive iMessages). It looks like my phone number on the iPhone has changed format and is spaced in a strange way now. I have tried changing the phone number under Settings -> Phone, turning off iMessage and Facetime, taking out the SIM card, resetting network settings but everytime it keeps reverting back to the incorrectly formatted phone number. After my last attempt, iMessage is back to 'Waiting for activation' and is not working at all.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Thank you.

14 REPLIES 14

Sylvielegault
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I confirm that this methos is working, derigister your phone number on the websitea couple of hour and its done, just fix my second i phone like that

Sylvielegault

This is you deregister you number for imsg

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT203042

Sylvielegault

There is aome MOD putting solution on the forum, i don't if its them who send me the update , i figure it was them if not, well yesterday i went and unrigistered my phone number from i msg, they send me a code and its says it can take up to 1 hours to be unregister, so in the morning when i wake up open my phone and the update carrier was there, i accept and the problem wasn t solve so i reboot my cell and everything works great

Sylvielegault

Hi , i sens a msg to a MOD yesterday with all my detail info account, this morning i receive 2 update carrier , i restart my phone and the issue was gonne, everything works good, imsg and facetime,

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey guys,

Here is an update on how you can possibly fix the issue of your phone number showing as international.

1.       Turn iMessage off under Settings -> Messages

2.       Turn FaceTime off under Settings -> FaceTime

3.       Restart the device

4.       Toggle both iMessage and FaceTime On

5.       Confirm that correct iMessage sender address is now programmed under Settings -> Messages – Send & Receive

6.       Send an outgoing iMessage and confirm resolution

7.       If issue persists, follow-up with another powercycle

I hope this helps! 🙂

Cheers,

Ashley

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey guys,

I know that a few of you iPhone users have been experiencing difficulties with either:

- Receiving messages

- Number format showing as a different country code (E.G. instead of +1 234-567-8900 it's +23 (456) 789 00)

To answer the question that some of you may be asking yourselves, this is an issue caused by the iOS updates. The first issue happens to those who are using the update below iOS 11 and the second issue is caused by the new update (no winning huh -_-")

Some of you will have to wait on the next update, for this to be resolved. As for others, I would advise that you try to update to iOS 11, at least, if possible.

If I get any further information, concerning these issues, I will communicate it to you all! If you have any manual workarounds, feel free to share them 🙂

** Please note that this issue does not affect all iPhone users **

Regards,

Ashley

I don't have an iPhone, but my iPadAir recently updated to iOS 11.3.1   I wonder if this has affected this strangeness on the iPhone devices. ??

I've had a few iOS updates break my accessible zoom settings on the iPadAir... but they've been quickly patched in the next update.

Sylvielegault

Thanks for the Moderator that help me

Sylvielegault

Yes this morning i talk to a mod yersterday and i gave him my info of my account and i receive an update carrier this morning and everything was replace in order, and thanks for your help. I will go tell other about that

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@andreais Was your issue resolved? If not, please, follow this topic for solution. Woman Happy

Sylvielegault

and by the way i did a factory reset 3 time and i don t even put my apple id as soon as its reset to factory i go in phone and the format of phone number is there. i know they update the carrier .

Sylvielegault

i have same problem with my 2 phone,even change my sim card, didn t work, when i try my sim in my wife phone wasn t working but after my wife did the same, start by+61 its Autralia digit code hope someone can help

You can also force a reset of the messaging centre by going to Settings

• Then go to Mobile networks and select a network other than Public Mobile, Telus, or Koodo 

• When you exit the menu the phone should lose the network.

• Repeat the process and select Public Mobile as your mobile network.

This procedure will force the update of the message centre number. You can then verify it in your Message settings.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

You've done everything I would suggest. Have a look at all the messaging setup to see if there is a clue. The correct setup is:

Settings >> Messages >> iMessage ON, Send as SMS ON, MMS ON >> Send & Receive should show your PM phone number and your Apple account email

That "Activation" message usually occurs when changing carriers, changing SIMs, and after a network reset as Apple logs your phone to its iMessage servers.

You may be faced with trying a factory reset. Robot Frustrated Backup before you do though.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.