cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there an app to keep track of data usage and minutes

sahands
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Currently the solution seems to be to use at least two different apps for tracking data and calling minutes/texts left, is there one app (android) that can do it all? 

my data is add on with roll over of unused data

my minutes/texts are month to month

10 REPLIES 10

smadgal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You could use an app like OpenSignal (https://opensignal.com/) that runs on either iOS or Android - it does more than just track data, calls and sms, it also monitors signal strength, download/upload speed and nearest cell towers, etc. It's a great app that I've used for years.

Shaheer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@srlawren wrote:

@Shaheer wrote:

Hey,

I find the best way to create a pseudo-Public Mobile app on Android is to create a website shortcut:

1. Open selfserve.publicmobile.ca on Chrome on your Android phone.

2. Tap the menu button and choose "Add to Home Screen".

3. Name the website shortcut "Public Mobile".

4. Click it and login when you need to check.

If you save your PM self-serve password, you've reduced the login step. Obviously this solution isn't ideal but is the next best thing until PM makes a more mobile friendly self-serve page or has the resources/finds it cost-effective to build a native Android or iOS application. 

Hope this, at least, makes your situation a little better.

@Shaheer if you'd like to app-ify it a bit further so that it doesn't even open up in Chrome (and instead gets it's own application entry in your recents list, check this out:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Very-Partial-workaround-for-lack-of-P...

Wow, this is pretty cool actually—one step further than just the simple shortcut on the homepage. I'd definitely do this if I had a phone running Android. Thanks for sharing!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechucker well, it's nothing Earth-shattering.  Just makes the site(s) look like app(s) instead of just shortcuts into Chrome.  And I didn't really create anything, it's a 3rd party app available freely to anyone on Android.  I just wrote up how to set it up to use with self-serve and/or the community.   🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren, I'm going to have to try this sometime, just to see what you've created.

So many creative folks around here.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Shaheer wrote:

Hey,

I find the best way to create a pseudo-Public Mobile app on Android is to create a website shortcut:

If you save your PM self-serve password, you've reduced the login step. Obviously this solution isn't ideal but is the next best thing until PM makes a more mobile friendly self-serve page or has the resources/finds it cost-effective to build a native Android or iOS application. 

@Shaheer if you'd like to app-ify it a bit further so that it doesn't even open up in Chrome (and instead gets it's own application entry in your recents list, check this out:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Very-Partial-workaround-for-lack-of-P...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

If you're on Android, there's an app called Data Witness PM on the Google Play store.  It won't track your phone calls and texts, but it has 30 and 90 day cycles specifically designed for Public Mobile.  Also has a monitor for the data addons.

szymon247
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

There is a problem with data usage tracking through the Android settings menu, and most of the data tracking apps for that matter - the Public Mobile billing cycles are 30 days long, as opposed to being traditional monthly billing cycles with unmovable anniversary days. It is not possible to track 30-day billing cycles in Android, so this option would require manually readjusting the billing cycle start date at the beginning of every new billing cycle (at least after every month that was not 30-days long!).

Shaheer

Hey,

wmleung

Straightly speaking no.  But... you can still get to know the usage:

1) login to you PM account

2) if you are on android, you can go to data usage to check (be sure to set your start date correctly every month - though this is calculated thru the phone apps and might have "small" discrepancy with PM 

Good luck.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Unfortunately, Public Mobile does not offer an app to track usage.  You will need to login to self serve from time to time and check. 

Need Help? Let's chat.