Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 6 won't ring!

IMTIM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

Just signed up to Public Mobility!

Everything seems fine but...I can make and receive calls and texts but my phone has no volume to notify me of incoming calls or texts! Volume is up, settings are ok (I think) and everything was fine before new SIM card and Public Mobility conversion.

Any ideas? 

Thanks

Tim

9 REPLIES 9

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@amandapassmore wrote:

your phone is likely muted. try checking the mute switch near the top of your iPhone and slide it, a speaker icon will appear on your screen. If there is a line through the speaker then it is on mute, you do not want there to be a line through the speaker.

you may check your sound settings under settings as well.

@IMTIM fixed it. Look at the earlier message.

amandapassmore
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

your phone is likely muted. try checking the mute switch near the top of your iPhone and slide it, a speaker icon will appear on your screen. If there is a line through the speaker then it is on mute, you do not want there to be a line through the speaker.

you may check your sound settings under settings as well.

IMTIM

Rebooted and volume is working Thanks!

Tim

419mainstreet
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I've had this issue with my iphone before as well, and have had good luck following the steps outlined in this article:

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-wont-my-iphone-ring#make-sure-the-iphone-isnt-stuck-in-headphone...

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Volume is definitely not linked to this service.  I would suggest a reboot or maybe clear cache and restart of the dailer app as well if this is available in iOS.  

IMTIM

Hi

I just made a call using speaker phone and there is volume there...

@IMTIM wrote:

Switch is not on silent mode. Checked that. Volume in settings is all the way up as well. 

Hmmmm..

If you play music (through speakers, not through headphones), do you have sound? I'm trying to see if there's anything wrong with the speaker.

IMTIM

Switch is not on silent mode. Checked that. Volume in settings is all the way up as well. 

Hmmmm..

@IMTIM wrote:

Hi

Just signed up to Public Mobility!

Everything seems fine but...I can make and receive calls and texts but my phone has no volume to notify me of incoming calls or texts! Volume is up, settings are ok (I think) and everything was fine before new SIM card and Public Mobility conversion.

Some phones have a physical swtich to mute the ringer as well. Check for that on the side of your device.

Need Help? Let's chat.