cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 6 no data service ..

yenanzhao
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

after i update my IOS9 to IOS11 i can no long have access to internet , need help, i still have incoming, outgoing calls, text message, wifi works fine. i try to look for solution on here but none match, i also don't have APN setting only for hotspot.   when i insert my sim card power on, it still shows public moblie LTE on the upper left screen, try open safari and it just wont load.  any solution? is my sim card problem?

12 REPLIES 12

rsa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Before changing any settings I would try a hard reset. This usually fixes most apple related issues (which it probably is since it was working fine before the update). I think I had to do this after I updated as well.

Press and hold down the on/off button + home screen button until you see the apple logo appears (it will turn off, restart, and then the apple logo will appear). 

I found this article on Apple's website: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201415

I would also check for a carrier settings update if a hard reset doesn't work.

To manually check for and install a carrier settings update:

Make sure that your device is connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network.
Tap Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you'll see an option to update your carrier settings.
To see the version of carrier settings on your device, tap Settings > General > About and look next to Carrier.
If you insert a new SIM card into your iPhone or iPad, you need to download the carrier settings for your new carrier.

@yenanzhao wrote:

i click plan and add on

then i click data and add on usage

and stated

Usage for Phone Number XXX-XXX-XXXX
Your Data & Add-On limit will show the total min./MB available on your account at the time of your last Add-On purchase.

U.S. Roaming Add-Ons expire after 10 days. Any unused data expires at the end of the U.S. Roaming Add-On. Add-Ons that are not U.S. Roaming related do not have expiry dates. Any remaining data or minutes in your Add-On will continue to roll over until they are used up. In-plan data expires at the end of your renewal cycle. It does not roll over to your next 30 or 90-day cycle.

so it means i have no data?

If your self serve account overview page doesn't show something like data used xxx/yyyyyMB you have used all your data for this cycle. (It's a quirk in the self serve account that the data line disappears if all data is used.)

Screenshot-2018-4-19 Public Mobile - Overview(1).png

(I'm not on a data plan, so the picture is not exactly what you would see - but you get the idea.)

You can rely on WiFi until renewal, buy a data add-on to bridge you to your next renewal date, or manually add the needed funds to your account and contact the moderator team and ask for an early renewal.

Use this link to send a private message to the @Moderator_Team, include all relevant information in your message, such as account number, phone number, PIN*, detailed problem description.

More information on contacting the mods: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

You are also encouraged to check your settings and ensure that there are no apps using unnecessary background data and turn WiFi assist off.

yenanzhao

i click plan and add on

then i click data and add on usage

and stated

Usage for Phone Number XXX-XXX-XXXX
Your Data & Add-On limit will show the total min./MB available on your account at the time of your last Add-On purchase.

U.S. Roaming Add-Ons expire after 10 days. Any unused data expires at the end of the U.S. Roaming Add-On. Add-Ons that are not U.S. Roaming related do not have expiry dates. Any remaining data or minutes in your Add-On will continue to roll over until they are used up. In-plan data expires at the end of your renewal cycle. It does not roll over to your next 30 or 90-day cycle.

so it means i have no data?

tzliu
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You can check your data usage under your PM account.  I am suspecting that you might have used up all your data.

yenanzhao

hmm i cant tell if i used or not used all my data.

i did a estamited count on all past usaged, seem like i could of used up all datas

how to tell if i have any data left?

tzliu

Fo reference, my iPhone6 setting:

Settings->Cellular->Cellular Data Options->Cellular Data Network->

APN: isp.mb.com
Username: blank
Password: blank

as @Luddite mentioned, check if you have used up all your data.

@yenanzhao Couple of thoughts:

a) go to Settings >> General >> About and if a carrier update is offered install it

b) make sure cellular data and roaming are on

c) login to your account and look under My Add-ons; if you do not see data listed you have used all your data

d) got to Settings >> General >> Reset >> click Reset Network Settings

e) if nothing above helps try a factory reset after ensuring you have an up to date backup

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

www.unlockit.co.nz 

Go to (Create APN) and choose Public Mobile, hopefully that works. 

We’re you with Freedom Mobile before coming here. If so we might need to delete a profile if there’s. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Ludditeand @Rockdaddy22 are iOS users.  Hopefully they can weigh in an offer some suggestions here. 

yenanzhao

there is no place for me to insert the setting

only hotspot allow me to input which now defalut under isp.mb.com

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@yenanzhao, I am not a iPhone user and so I have no user experience to share.  Google search brings up what looks like typical troubleshooting ideas.  Give them a try.

https://www.imobie.com/support/how-to-fix-cellular-data-issue-on-iphone.htm

https://www.howtoisolve.com/fix-iphone-cellular-data-not-working-ios-11/

As for tethering APN, it is a misconception that tethering is not available with the standard sp.mb.com APN.  This APN allows tethering.  There is no need to make any changes to support tethering except for certain situations on android devices where 'dun' needs to be added to APN type field.

tzliu

What is your APN setting?  Try both isp.mb.com or sp.mb.com to see if it works.  

Need Help? Let's chat.