cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invalid sim on i8

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi everyone, haven't been on the community in a long time and glad to see it's still thriving.

My wife is having issues with regards to her service and keeps showing invalid sim and having to reboot the iPhone 8 she has been using for a while with PM.

The issue is its happening a few times a day. Will the retailers replace the sim or do I have to buy a new one and switch it online? Upgrading the iOS will also be done cause I'm sure it's probably running an older version of 12 but has anybody else experienced the same issues?

I have an old unused PM sim from about two or three years ago in the cupboard but maybe I should just buy the latest version.

Any ideas?

Cheers

4 REPLIES 4

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@DK  Sim cards don't have best before dates so you can use your unused 3 year old son card. Go into your wife's selfserve account and select the change sim card option from the landing page and enter the number.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@DK 

There have not been an increase in complaints in invalid SIMs over the weekend.  SIM card rarely go bad, but does sometimes happen.  Maybe try to remove and replace SIM card to make sure that it sits well in slot.  Clean the SIM card (metal ends).  You could also try the SIM card in another phone to determine whether it is a hardware issue versus SIM/PM Service issue.   

Vendor won't replace SIM for free.  You will need to buy a new SIM card.  Your old SIM card still should work if you never used before.  As long the size of old SIM card fits in the iphone 8.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You could try swapping out the sim with your unsued one.  If that doesn't work then buy a new one.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@DK  I would upgrade the iOS to the latest version.  Then you can take out the Sim and gently wipe it clean and make sure it seats right in the Sim holder. If that doesn't work go to a retailer to see if they pass you a Sim card, some will and then you'll have to go in your self serve account and change the Sim number.  The old Sim card you have there might be the same one as the new ones and could work as long as its never been activated before. 

Need Help? Let's chat.