cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

impossible to have mobile data on a moto e(7) power...

nicoldans
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hi there!

i tried everything, i changed the apn settings with the ones on PM website, I even copied these settings from another motorola cellphone, still does not work. Any advice?

thanks!

50 REPLIES 50

look like you are on 4g, you can change it back to 3G ?

nicoldans

still does not work, the data icon looks like this but instead of 4G is H+

nicoldans_0-1633403208356.png

it has that little x, but the mobile data is on...

updated: if I turn the wifi on then the X disappears, then re-appears when WIFI is off

this is how to reset network setting on a Moto phone

1. Go to Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options

2. Touch Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth > RESET SETTINGS

3. Touch RESET SETTINGS

4. Try to reconnect to Wi-Fi, cellular data, and Bluetooth, or try to share your internet connection again.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If it doesn't work, the worst case is you might have to buy a North American phone.

nicoldans

new to PM, new sim, new phone

how to reset network? 

the Data icon on top right corner shows coverage and H

LeePublic

@nicoldans Have you enabled data on and set the network to 3G HSPA only?

@nicoldans   leave it with 3G Only, try a network reset and see how it goes

BTW, just to confirm,  are you new to PM or you have been with PM for some time and just got a new phone?   If you are new to PM,  you might want to test you SIM on another phone just to confirm the account was provisioned properly.  Just in case ..

LeePublic

@nicoldans Given your phone has the bands for 3G network, it should work on PM but on the 3G HSPA network only, you can't access LTE because the LTE bands are not compatible with your phone.

nicoldans

no 😐

@nicoldans wrote:

i did this from your first reply 🙂

Try to set the network to 3G Only and see if you are getting some data traffic out of it. 

so it works?

nicoldans

i did this from your first reply 🙂

Try to set the network to 3G Only and see if you are getting some data traffic out of it. 

@nicoldans wrote:

ok found it, here is my model number and compatibility:

nicoldans_0-1633401003033.png

it should work or not really?

@nicoldans   it looks like yours is a Global version, from kimovil, you have both 3G bands, which is good.  But you only have 2 compatible 4G bands, which could be an issue

Will Motorola Moto E7 Power work in Canada? (kimovil.com)

@nicoldans wrote:

by comparing the bands used by the cell and PM there are some frequencies that are common...

how can i see what type of cell I have? it's a Moto e(7) power but i see there are several ...sub-models...:(

Where did you buy this phone?  

What exact model number you have?   check the label on th box, or check  from Setting->About phone

nicoldans

ok found it, here is my model number and compatibility:

nicoldans_0-1633401003033.png

it should work or not really?

nicoldans

by comparing the bands used by the cell and PM there are some frequencies that are common...

how can i see what type of cell I have? it's a Moto e(7) power but i see there are several ...sub-models...:(

@nicoldans wrote:

nicoldans_0-1633399938999.png

@nicoldans   Yes, I think at the moment, it is more to do with your phone not having the proper bands.  In your case, you should have better result with 3G only.   With your lack of 4G bands, you will not have good LTE connection everywhere 

@nicoldans 

Try setting your network to 3G and make sure cellular data setting is turned on.

nicoldans

nicoldans_0-1633399938999.png

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@nicoldansWhat variant  is your  Moto e7 power?  It looks like both the Global version and the Indian version might not work on PM too well.  These versions  only have   2 bands  compatible with PM  (B5 and B7).   The only better variant is the Brazil version, which has 4 compatible bands (B2, B4, B5 and B7).  Which variant you have?

Try changing to 3G only , the phone has both B2 and B5 for 3G, which might work better. 

FYI,  phone  should ideally have 3G B2, B5 and LTE B4 (or B66 instead of B4), B12 (or B17 instead of B12) for minimum coverage. 

If your phone does not have all recommended bands, you may have poor coverage / no service / slow data in some locations.

Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).
HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).
4G = B2 (1900), B4/B66 (2100 or 1700), B5 (850), B7 (2600), B12/B17 (700), B13 (700), B29 (700-Suppl. DL), B30 (2300)
3G = B2(1900) B5 (850)

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@nicoldans wrote:

hi there!

i tried everything, i changed the apn settings with the ones on PM website, I even copied these settings from another motorola cellphone, still does not work. Any advice?

thanks!

Have you checked your account to see if you have available data?

What shows under Plans & Add-ons on the overview page?

Need Help? Let's chat.