cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imessages

stonehead
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

how come imessages are not saved or logged in under my view my usage? 

8 REPLIES 8

@sandalwood wrote:

It appears that SMS is NOT turned on by default on iPhones. I have a iphone and have missed imessages from others if my data is off or wifi is off. I have had to ask several people to turn on SMS in the imessages settings or send as a text. Not sure why default would be off. With unlimited text pretty much on all plans anyway .Why people use imessage is a mystery to me.

Exactly - ESPECIALLY if it uses data to send/receive them!

sandalwood
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It appears that SMS is NOT turned on by default on iPhones. I have a iphone and have missed imessages from others if my data is off or wifi is off. I have had to ask several people to turn on SMS in the imessages settings or send as a text. Not sure why default would be off. With unlimited text pretty much on all plans anyway .Why people use imessage is a mystery to me.

flager
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for this info... my daughter has an iPhone and I have a Samsung... she is always telling me she can't send something to me because our devices are not compatible... now I  can tell her different... 

@pmmobile wrote:

@stoneheadFYI: From experience, non-iPhone users will not receive messages if you use iMessages to send them messages because it is different from regular sms

There is an option to enable "send as SMS" in the settings. Obviously you'll need to have the recipient's phone number for this.

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@stoneheadFYI: From experience, non-iPhone users will not receive messages if you use iMessages to send them messages because it is different from regular sms

marimacas
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Unlike SMS using carrier services, iMessage is sent through Apple's servers and is not recorded as carrier SMS usage. If you do not have a Wi-Fi connection, data usage will be recorded.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@stonehead wrote:

@stonehead  Because iMessage uses WiFi or data when sending texts to other iMessage users.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@stonehead wrote:

They are probably listed as a data event and have some amount of data used unless on wifi.  As for saved are you looking to see the actual message sent or received?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.