cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone event tomorrow - who's buying the latest

DL888
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

With the iPhone event happening tomorrow, interested to hear if you are going to get whatever iPhone (11, 11PRO, 11MAX...11???) that will be unveil tomorrow? 

7 REPLIES 7

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Apparently the camera on the new iPhone is going to be revolutionary so I'm interested in seeing what Apple will deliver.

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'm still carrying an iPhone 4S (business) on one hip/holster, and an iPhone SE (personal/everyday) on the other.  No plans to change, until the SE doesn't support the latest iOS.  None of the bells and whistles of newer phones really have much value to me, and definitely nothing I'd be willing to pay for.  And, I got the SE when people were running out to get the 7 or 8+, so I'm definitely a few versions behind.  No inclination to even look at the 6S or higher at this point, as I'd have to get new cases, etc...

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@DL888 no thanks, I'd rather light my $1,000 on fire.  🙂

I'll stick with my OnePlus 7.  Under 7 bills all-in.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@DL888 wrote:

With the iPhone event happening tomorrow, interested to hear if you are going to get whatever iPhone (11, 11PRO, 11MAX...11???) that will be unveil tomorrow? 

I have not been paying attention. Is it still basically an iPhone 8 with the 8 crossed off and 11 magic marked over it? (Same hardware rehash like the 8 and X both having the same Apple A11 Bionic, or is it something actually new?) Either way, it's probably way too expensive for me (assuming Apple follows it trend) and not a fan of the closed market place. This would be a question better suited to the Telus main forums, those kinds of people are more likely to leap at the latest and greatest Apple phone (or Samsung or whatever). Us Public Mobilers are more likely to jump at the discounts on the previous models or go after things like the Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro (Rebranded Redmi K20 Pro).

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

PM subscribers are looking to save money instead of spending big bucks for the latest toys.  Count us out.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Just another Tuesday for me.  I have no interest. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@DL888 wrote:

I'll pass. Smiley Happy

Need Help? Let's chat.