cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone, dual SIM and Voicemail

hachuflay
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I recently added a second carrier to my iPhone XR. As you know, new iPhones allow dual sim trough what they call e-sim. Now, I have Public Mobile via the clasic plastic Sim Card and Rogers via e-sim.

Everything is working very nicely, work and personal lines together in one phone. However, I'm having issues with the Public Mobile VoiceMail. In the past, before adding the e-sim from Rogers, I was able to access to my voicemail with no issues by clicking on the voicemail buttom. However, since I added the e-sim the only way for me to access to my PM voicemail is by long pressing 1. I see online that the iPhone should allow me to choose between both voicemails easily.

Have anybody experienced similar issues with dual sim + Public Mobile + other carrier?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Gordeee

I was thinking of getting Telus to add visual voicemail to see if it would work. I currently do not have visual voicemail and don't get any notifications for my Telus voicemails 😞 

I still get my public mobile voicemail notifications, though the only way to see them is if you open the phone app there is a red badge on the voicemail icon. (I really wish there was a pop up for new voicemails I miss them all the time).

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@hachuflay  Do you have visual voicemail enabled with Rogers? If yes, then that is a known issue. You need to ask Rogers to disable it and then it should work.

Gordeee

Also yes you should be able to use second sim for data only.  You can change which sim to use for data in the settings 

Gordeee

I have Telus as my eSim and public as my Plastic sim (iPhone 11).  I set public to the primary and I can call that voicemail fine from the voicemail button but to call the Telus voicemail I have to switch to secondary line and call it.  There is also no voicemail notification for the secondary line. 

it should work better than this 

John_Dobski

Hi,

Sorry, I don't have an answer to your question but rather an anoter question. I am thinking of using iphone esim for a data sim and public for main line card. Would it work, as both cards carriers are 3g only. I've read that some phones don't have both sim and esim use the same frequency. Are both of your networks 3g?

Need Help? Let's chat.