cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone do not disturb.

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I Last night I had a text from Interac saying the Interac sent to me had expired. 

1. I had no idea that an Interac could be texted

2. I never saw an Interac for me.....but I do have some people blocked. 

3. I was annoyed that Interac would text at midnight. 

I do have the phone by me for secondary emergency use over night. 

So I have set up do not disturb from 10pm to 7am. It will allow if two calls are initiated by a  “favourite” to come through.

But appears it will let texts and iMessages through. Any solutions?

2C25876D-A02D-4107-B663-3A7BF5C96D4E.jpeg

26A991B2-23A1-4762-8662-7028634EB4CA.jpeg

8 REPLIES 8

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@iPhoneUser, sorry it's a bit off-topic, but why don't you enable auto-deposit (if your bank supports it, which most do)?  That way, Interac e-Transfers to your registered e-mail address are automatically deposited into the selected bank account, without anyone even having to specify/answer a security question.  It's great for immediate deposits, ensures the sender is using the correct email address, and avoids a canceled transfer.

I can understand use cases where you want to decide which account to deposit to after you've received the notification, and this wouldn't work.  But there are ways to manage that.

As a sender of e-Transfers, I can elect to notify the recipient via e-mail or SMS or both (options depend on which bank I use), even though an e-mail address is always specified when setting up the recipient.  Also, where the receiver does not have auto-deposit enabled, I can cancel the e-Transfer before they've accepted it (a fee, typically around $3.50, may apply).

@iPhoneUser wrote:

There is no doubt it was sent to me, but I think the sender is blocked so I never saw it. And the reason I received the expiry showed is because Interac text number is not blocked? So as I type this I am further confused.....who sends the Interac......Interac or the sender? I assume blocking works for calls an texting. The sender is computer illiterate and I wouldn’t be surprised if he had some one do it for him. 

If you initiate an Interac e-transfer, obviously, the amount is "sent" from the initiating bank account. The text message and/or email notifications are automated by the Interac system. I don't have a text notification handy, but I think the last one I got from short code 100001?

@iPhoneUser wrote:

Can an Interac be cancellled? If they can I assume it would be a mandatory thing to advise the recipient??

Yes, as long as they are not deposited into your account Interac e-transfers can be cancelled (depending on your financial institution at additional cost). I have never been on the receiving end of a cancellation, so I'm not sure if there will be a notification of that for the recipient. I know that, as sender, I get notified when the e-transfer is deposited or expired. As a recipient I get several notifications (3, I think) if I don't deposit an e-transfer, reminding me that it is about to expire.

Getting the URL in the text has probably more to do with your device's/app's settings than with Interac - they have no way to know what device you are checking your texts from!

Edit: slow typing... again!

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Stay Safe!

Stay Safe!

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Jb456 wrote:

CORRECTION!.  google search says etransfers expire after 30 days. 

So maybe the person that sent you the interact manually cancelled the transfer?

There is no doubt it was sent to me, but I think the sender is blocked so I never saw it. And the reason I received the expiry showed is because Interac text number is not blocked? So as I type this I am further confused.....who sends the Interac......Interac or the sender? I assume blocking works for calls an texting. The sender is computer illiterate and I wouldn’t be surprised if he had some one do it for him. 

Can an Interac be cancellled? If they can I assume it would be a mandatory thing to advise the recipient??

So so today my wife gets an Interac of which I usually handle. But I had her do it herself. I did move the URL from the text on her phone to my iMac. I can’t imagine doing an Interac on a dinky iPhone SE!! But here is something else I noticed the text arrived on both an iPad and iPhone. So we contacted the sender because no URL was in the iPad message. So the sender sent again. Guess what....no URL on iPad......but iPhone did. 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Stay Safe!

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Correct; Do Not Disturb silences notifications for me too. You also do have Silence While Locked engaged.

That double call feature is for calls not texts and works for any caller, I understand.

You can disable the silencing for individual contacts, so consider adding the Interac number to you contact list favourites.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Stay Safe!

Need Help? Let's chat.