cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone Xs Max data not working

RetiredGuy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone. I have a iPhoneXs Max and the data only works when I shut the phone off and turn it back on again. Everything works fine with wifi but when I leave home and am mobile, it shows LTE in the corner but I can’t browse the web. If I do a hard shut-off and turn it back on again (while not near wifi) it works. I’ve looked at phone settings but don’t see anything odd. For the cost of an iphone - I shouldn’t have to turn off/on to access data while mobile! Any help appreciated! Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

@RetiredGuy wrote:

Enabled roaming and that seemed to do the trick. Thanks!

Good to hear.

Welcome to Public Mobile, fellow retiree.

RetiredGuy

Confirmed wifi assist was toggled off. Thanks!

RetiredGuy

Enabled roaming and that seemed to do the trick. Thanks!

@will13am wrote:

@RetiredGuy , I am not that familiar with iOS settings, but I do recall there being per app data settings.  Can you go over all the data settings to make sure that there are no data blocks enabled.  Handoff between WiFi and mobile data should be seamless and not require continual reboots to work.  

@RetiredGuy...

while you're in the Settings....make sure that Wifi Assist is toggled OFF.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@RetiredGuy , I am not that familiar with iOS settings, but I do recall there being per app data settings.  Can you go over all the data settings to make sure that there are no data blocks enabled.  Handoff between WiFi and mobile data should be seamless and not require continual reboots to work.  

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Is there a Roaming button you can enable ? Try that and let us know.

edit...

Apple iPhone XS / XS Max - Allow / Deny Data Roaming
  1. From a Home screen, navigate: Settings. > Cellular.
  2. Tap Cellular Data Options. This option is unavailable when both the physical SIM and the eSIM are activated.
  3. Tap the Data Roaming switch to turn on or off
Need Help? Let's chat.