cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone X

Vickel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

anyone pre-order?

Couldnt get on the store until around 03:10 EST. 

Estiamted Ship date is Nov 21 - 28

was hoping to get first batch for Nov 3

29 REPLIES 29

jeeva86
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm still on an ip6 and it's decent. I only upgrade when the phone gets slow, and obviously that happens after each iOS upgrade! I got my ip6 from Fido via a contract and once the contract finished, I hopped onto PM so I never paid full price upfront and can't see myself doing it in the future. I would probably get it used, and possibly the next release so that they work out all the kinks.

casperr

I love mine, very snappy. I am finding FaceID to be more convenient than I thought I would. 

mattdxb

I'm not an iOS guy but the X is a pretty killer phone. That screen is pretty amazing. It's the brightest display on the market I think. 

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Big mistake on storage sizes no reason they shouldn't be 128/256GB...seen people on Craigslist selling 64GB model for over $1800 get real.

shawnie_boy

It displays on lock screen

PMZ
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I gave in and bought one again...

I thought the carrier name wasn't displayed anymore, since the 'notch' only leaves room to display the time on the left side?

denkom

I sold one too. 😄

I also hate how the carrier name scrolls...oh well.

shawnie_boy

I bought one and sold one. Made very good profit. I hate that the carrier name scrolls now. Public mobiles need to just rename it to Public. It’s so dumb. On a plus I just got over 200mbps download speed on public. 

PMZ

I sold mine... but now after playing with it in person I'm tempted to buy it again!

denkom

Those of you who got the iPhone X - how are you liking it? I love mine! Can’t put it down. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Audit13 wow, I know people that spend less than that on a car!!!  Yikes.  I'll get myself 2 or 3 OnePlus 5T's for that kind of money instead 🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Audit13

The 256 gb version is $1,728 with tax. Ordered one as a Christmas present and it's supposed to arrive between November 21 and 28 too.

shawnie_boy

Ordered 2 for nov 3

darjman

People who've moved away from the X due to its price are more likely to be average users of the phone.

Most hardcore fans that are engaged in the ecosystem will probably still buy the X.

I own a Mac, Watch, iPad Pro, Macbook Pro, and six different iPhones, not including the X. I for one need a phone to use my watch. My watch is used as a great reminder for my events throughout the day and useful when I'm working out as it tracks my movement and heartrate. 

Anyway, I wanted a new phone but waited until they released a full-screen device. I knew it was going to happen eventually. Price was sort of a bummer, but any of my apple products have lasted me a long time (2012 MBP still smooth and fast as ever, iPhone 6 still is great, although iOS 11 needs to be worked out), and have provided me great value.

Specs wise, yeah you can go get an Android with some snapdragon etc, but I am not a fan of the Android software. I'm not even sure what version of OS they are on now, and like another user mentioned, how long will that phone even be supported by an update? I totally dig the simplicity of iOS. It's more user-friendly. The devices themselves are pretty good looking too.

In terms of customization, I used to jailbreak my phones to get that. There are/were many features that I wanted that the phone didn't have. Example being grouping apps more efficiently, NOT using the home button at all (I've been swiping up to go home on my iPhone for years now), changing default apps and adding in a dark mode, to name a few)

Most concerns have been addressed at this point, so I don't see myself really interested in customizing too much again. I don't really see what I need to customize.

They make good quality products, and they also have great customer service. I don't expect to buy a new phone for at least three years (barring once I graduate and get my job, I'm pretty sure i'm treating myself to a new MBP and if they have an X Plus I will get that).

Asian_sensation

I, actually, just picked up an iphone8+ 256gb a couple days ago. Paid full retail (which is something I thought Id never do)
But heres why I did........
For a long time I was always anti Apple because of the price and specs of their phones (Android usually crushes them spec wise), but then I realized something, I always have an iphone as a back up or second phone.
Now the price is still crazy expensive, but I justified it to myself after using my iphone 6 (3 years old) and updating my moms ipad air (original not the 2017). The iphone 6 is still a great phone, runs smooth, does everything I need it to do, sure the camera sucks by today's standards, but it still has the latest IOS running.
And that's when it really hit me ! A 3 yo phone still getting software updates?? an ipad that's 4 years old still getting updates? Name 1 Android phone (without custom roms) that gets support for that long?? Pixels are only getting OS updates for 3 years. Cheaper Android phones are lucky to get a security update let alone an OS update. 
Another reason, A11 bionic chip/SoC. That thing crushes anything out on the Android side, and is (IMO) a solid 18 months ahead of what the top chip producers are working on (Quallacom aka SnapDragon and Sansungs Exynos)
This is great for future proofing as well as fantastic performance. The camera is excellent and to the point where I don't need anything better, and don't see myself needing anything better in the future. The screen is good, maybe better than good, but nothing like a 2k Amoled, but Im not goanna use my iphone for VR, so 1080p is perfectly fine for a display.
Design wise, its simple (maybe overused lol) but I love the heft and feel. Another thing about the design, its iconic and recognizable, which is what Apple is known for, and as a bonus, cases and screen protectors are interchangeable (within a couple yeas of models ie 7-8 5-se etc). And finally wireless charging!!! I love this as its a little thing, but a little thing that is incredible convenient. And last, resale value. Apple products hold their vale very very well, better than any other phone brand out there.

All in all, the iphone isn't perfect, but neither is any phone. But its all the little things like OS support, great customer service (when my 6+ bootlooped after 2 years and no apple care, they replaced it for nothing for me) premium look and feel, future proofing specs, the positives outweighed the negatives...... and this is coming form a diehard Android guy.

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'm interested if you guys getting the iPhone X think it's worth the cost being Apple customers.  I've heard a number of people moving away from iPhones altogether due to the price being so prohibitive ~ $1600.

I used to be an Apple person but found their products to be so proprietary without much customization options.

denkom

Yup! I’m getting mine on Nov 3rd 😄 can’t wait! My iPhone 6 is 3 years old and it’s time for a replacement!

Vickel

@mimmo wrote:

wow so much unlove for a phone.

I  as well however would not buy it either and could not justify that amount of money.(apple or android.

I do recall hearing a story that the iphone x was sold out so there is a market for it.  Just not sure PM is the right place, roger telus or bell are probably beter...  mind you if you saved x$ by moving to PM then the price of the phone is $1300 - x .  

I figured with the money I’m saving from switching to Public mobile I would spoil myself with the new iPhone. It should last me 3 years so if I spread the cost over that time, the math is not too bad.

Vickel

@sheytoon wrote:

After tax it's almost $1500 in Ontario!!

It’s even more for the 256gb model and Apple care

darjman

These comments are so toxic lol. 

No one is asking whether you think the price is crazy. Its crazy, Facebook too is scrutinizing people just because they bought the phone. Calling people sheeps, and a bunch of other stuff. Albeit, most people who are criticising aren't tech junkies and probably don't care about the under the hood improvements and just shout samsung had the screen first lol. 

I managed to snag one at 12:01, and getting it this coming Friday. My 16GB 6 was getting annoying to deal with, so I wanted to get a higher storage phone anyway. 

After tax it's almost $1500 in Ontario!!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

wow so much unlove for a phone.

I  as well however would not buy it either and could not justify that amount of money.(apple or android.

I do recall hearing a story that the iphone x was sold out so there is a market for it.  Just not sure PM is the right place, roger telus or bell are probably beter...  mind you if you saved x$ by moving to PM then the price of the phone is $1300 - x .  

Acekiller

you are paying for the brand, not the functions.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

Total waste of money. I don't understand how people verify spending that much on a phone.

I'd rather pay $400 for a 4 year old replacement Nexus 5, before paying my rent and car payments for a iPhone X.

pakmode

Lol at the comments. 

Realistically, I can't see too many PM users buying a phone for $1300. 

closng

Agree with the posters above, no way I'm spending $1,300 on a phone!

Rustynayl

Noope!

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

No thanks aha.

im not paying $1300 for a phoneRobot Embarassed. I'd save that money for a vacation somewhere, or rent aha

Need Help? Let's chat.