cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone X Notifications

blizzars
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey there

I recently switched to Public and now my notifications on my phone do not work. This includes email through the GMail app, WhatsApp messages, Snapchat, Instagram, etc. Through testing I concluded that for whatsapp that the messages do not get delivered until I open the app, meaning it's not refreshing in the background?

Just wondering if maybe there are some settings I need to change once I switched to Public... Phone specs listed below:

Phone: iPhone X

Carrier: Was on Telus, now on Public

iOS:14.0.1

11 REPLIES 11

blizzars

Oh sorry, @LurganIeUk yes it has been resolved. A PITA to reset your phone but it did work, I’m thinking just reinstalling the apps may have done the trick too. 

@RosieR wrote:

@blizzars wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions, I ended up backing up the phone, restoring to factory and restoring the phone using the back up. Seems like it's not a carrier issue.

Hi @blizzars thanks so much for letting us know and nice to hear that your problem is resolved. 

Welcome to Public Mobile and the Community!  1

Not really @blizzars did not really confirm it was fixed but did say with was not a carrier issue. 

@blizzars wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions, I ended up backing up the phone, restoring to factory and restoring the phone using the back up. Seems like it's not a carrier issue.

Hi @blizzars thanks so much for letting us know and nice to hear that your problem is resolved. 

Welcome to Public Mobile and the Community!  1

blizzars

[Network reset might have worked but restore did ........ Luddite]

@blizzars try resetting your network settings

1. From the home screen navigate to Settings>General>Reset
2. Tap Reset Network Settings
If prompted enter your passcode
3. Tap Reset Network Settings
4. Restart your phone

• also try reseating the sim card 

i think the previous Telus settings on the phone may be conflicting with the pm sim card

blizzars

@LurganIeUk @esjliv that would make sense then. I have rebooted and ensured all my notification settings are set, background app refresh is set correctly. Might be an apple iOS issue, gonna see if I can reset and restore from a backup to fix the issue.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @blizzars ,

Telus is Public Mobile's parent company, so not sure how changing to PM would change your notification settings.

Did you do a network reset, by any chance? This may have reset your app settings. Usually the notifications are app specific (you can turn them on or off for each app).

Reboot phone. 

Basically you changed from Telus to Telus....that is unlikely the problem. 

blizzars

None of the suggestions seem to work. When I was on another carrier the notifications were working and none of the hardware settings were changed, just the carrier. 

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

If iPhone notifications are not working, you may have turned Always Show Previews off in the Settings app. Notification previews are the little alerts from apps that appear on your iPhone's display. Open up the Settings app and tap Notifications -> Show Previews. Make sure there's a check mark next to Always

Need Help? Let's chat.