cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone Users...

Obice
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi,

So I have an iPhone SE and I noticed when in the cold weather the phone shuts down, I Googled it and found that iPhones shutting down in cold weather is actually quite common. I'm here to ask you if you are an iPhone user if you have experienced this. If you have how do you deal with it? Surely you want to take your phone outside in any weather and having your phone shut down is rather inconvenient when your phone is supposed to be there for your convenience.

Capture.PNG

34 REPLIES 34

@Obice 

I just did a quick google search and it seems to be an iphone issue and the battery.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/iphone-weather-battery-dead-help-11616704

I also have the iphone SE and it does seem to shut down quicker in colder weather.  I just keep it closer to my body to maintain temperature.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Obice...I'm rockin' an iPhone SE as well. Open your Settings / Battery...it'll give you an idea of you Battery Health. In the past, I've had the phone shut down in cold weather also. I've recently changed out the battery ($75)...but haven't had any cold weather to speak of ...yet !

As suggested by @Lemony_Snicket ...perhaps the battery is the culprit.

Lemony_Snicket
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Sounds like a battery problem.  The cold affects battery performance.

THEnewfie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Starting this by saying that I'm NOT an iPhone user... So I could be getting your hopes up lol. 

But it's possible on an android phone to have an app running in the background to such a high enough workload that it'll make the phone produce enough heat to negate the likelihood of cold interfering with phone operation. It will drain the battery a noticeable amount faster tho.. but short of some sort of insulation I'm not sure what the best option is

Need Help? Let's chat.