cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone: System Services > Documents & Sync eating all my data

leozera
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

I'm using an iPhone with Public Mobile and the Documents & Sync used 4.7GB in 3 weeks that I have been using Public Mobile.

I don't recall this being a problem with Rogers. With Rogers, I'd use my phone a lot (Youtube, etc) and not spend more than 5GB.

Does anyone have a similar issue?

Any ideas on how to solve this? I am most of the time connect to wifi, I do use iCloud to have access to my files but this. I tried to disable iCloud and use the "Low Data Mode" of the iOS but none of them made things better. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

leozera
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am using iOS 14 and almost all things mentioned were already disabled.

One thing I saw in Celluar is "iCloud Drive - When not connected to Wi-Fi, use cellular network to transfer documents and data". I think this is the trouble maker, lets see.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@leozera if you're on wifi and it disconnects it will fall back to your mobile data. only enable mobile data if you're planning on using it. otherwise leave it off

Disable apps auto update
iTunes & App Stores > Turn Off Use Cellular / Mobile Data

Disable background data

Go to Settings > General > Background App Refresh > Turn it Off entirely or by selective Apps

Disable iCloud sync
Go to Settings > Cellular / Mobile Data > Turn Off iCloud Drive

Disable Wifi Assist
Go to Settings > Cellular / Mobile Data > scroll to bottom > Wi-Fi Assist > turn OFF

Disable data on certain apps
Go to Settings > Cellular > Scroll through and disable applications you don't want to used your Cellular Data

Need Help? Let's chat.