cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone Support March 2015

BouncyBear
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Folks,

I have decided to pen this quick status update for the (hopefully) thousands of users to follow.

iPhone 6 Plus, supplied directly by Apple (unlocked), iOS 8.1.3 on board and activated PM nano sim card. As of March 2015 the following items are currently NOT working:

- unable to register PM's phone number with iMessage (no international text available that is required for this to run);

No other issues have been found; LTE data working nicely with FaceTime and iMessage (with an Apple ID instead), as well as browsing and apps. Call quality is very good - crisp & clear voice.

Upon setting up via iTunes, the carrier support settings pushed to the device by Apple are specific to Koodo (for instance, APN settings); simple fix: substitute the term "koodo" with "mb", as per the official APN config settings availble here: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/iPhone-Update/m-p/1610

FYI, I have not tested tethering so cannot comment on that (but should work, since data runs just fine).

Cheers!

EDIT: corrected a few typos;

8 REPLIES 8

Martin
Legend
Legend
You're welcome, and cheers to you, too!

BouncyBear
Thanks.

To clarify, by "email" I meant the web form email not direct email.

Cheers!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello Michael,

With regard to direct email, such as info@, support@, etc., such emails are delivered to an unmonitored mailbox. Consequently, it is a waste of one's time to send same.

For new customers, the only mode of contact with PM is through web form mail.

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Sorry I don't. I would assume the email method as most don't have *611 privileges.

BouncyBear
My pleasure!

@DK, would you happen to know how those users have contacted PM? Direct email?

Thanks!

BouncyBear
Hi,

I beg to differ as 8.1.1 fit my description above as well. See, I received my phone with 8.1.1 and tested it with that update (for approx. three days) before updating to 8.1.3.

The purpose of my post was not to add new info, but to synthesize the info already available in other threads. Being a newbie with PM, it can be quite intimidating to source updates from different threads and track time stamps of posts in order to determine validity of the info. A little bit of fresh air summing up what's cool, or not, cannot be too bad, eh?

Thanks!

benwarez
There is no extra info on this post, this is what happens with updated iphones to ios 8.1.3

DK
Yes the carrier settings require editing but I think in future they will be specific to PM. As for the iMSG IT seems anybody that was activated after Jan 27 and not on grandfathered are experiencing issues that has to be corrected on PM end. It requires an international text to Apple servers but some people who have had the issue report a little later that it is corrected after communication with PM.

Cheers and thanks for the write up. The tethering does work on grandfathered plans after the carrier edit.
Need Help? Let's chat.