cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 8 No Service

mobile25
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My phone went to No Service last night;  the account is paid up and was working fine.  I have tried setting the phone to lost/stolen and then re-activated it.  turned off/on phone and no success.  Any suggestions?

13 REPLIES 13

mobile25

Replaced the SIM and phone is back working once again.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mobile25  I would contact mods, sim cards do not Go bad often. And usually when they do it says invalid sim.

It more likely an issue with provisioning of your sim card. 

Did you confirm the sim card matchs The one in self serve?

How long have you had the sim?

mobile25

all carrier settings appear correct. It looks like it is the SIM card;  tried it in another phone and same issue.  Thanks for the response;  looks like i will need a new SIM

mobile25

This did not help solve the issue.  It looks like it is the SIM card;  tried it in another phone and same issue.  Thanks for the response;  looks like i will need a new SIM

mobile25

It looks like it is the SIM card;  tried it in another phone and same issue.  Thanks for the response;  looks like i will need a new SIM

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo that does make sense.

@mobile25 usually simjacking involves somebody resetting your password getting in and changing the sim number to the one that they possess. You would know if you can't login or if you had to reset password yourself to get in (but they would usually make more changes so you wouldn't be able to reset yourself)

@mobile25  are you the original owner of the phone? Did you leave provider provider with the tab amount?

mimmo

@kselmak  the user mentioned togleing  lost stolen so they are able to log into self serve in their first post. This implies that the account is still active, ie not ported out, as was the case in another similar situation, where the user ordered a phone from Telus, and was ported out / account closed before the phone arrived.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Cab you login to your self-serve?

mimmo

Two things I would also look at are

If the sim card in your phone match the numbers in self serve.

If your phone is listed in the canada blacklist

Both of these are unlikely but no service suggests there is a disconnect with your sim and the provider.

@mobile25  Check for a carrier settings update. If not check network settings may need to be reset.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mobile25  Try airplane mode for 10 minutes.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@mobile25 can you try the Sim card in a different phone to see if it's your phone or your sim card that's messed up 

Need Help? Let's chat.