cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 7 random freezing with incoming calls

rhiggs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey. 

I helped set up an account for my friend last Tuesday. The last 3 days his iPhone 7 has been freezing at random incoming calls so that he can’t answer and has to hard reset to get the phone working again (He’s 75 and I had to show him how to do that). It’s been happening more often then not. Thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4

rhiggs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Took the PM sim out and placed my Bell Sim (work phone) in. Phone worked no problem. 

Put back the PM Simm and I reset the network. Took a few minutes, but it looks like that exercised the Bell demons out of it. Lol. 

My guess is that the phone was trying to accept the PM call and expecting Bell at the same time. Caused it to freeze because it didn’t understand. 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@rhiggsApple iPhone 7 has a hardware defect where the audio chip will desolder over time.

A quick way to diagnose it is open the voice recorder, it complains no microphone.. that's an audio IC issue.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/8xem8x/iphone-7-grayed-out-speaker-loop-disease-boot-loop-hangs-o...

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@rhiggs wrote:

Hey. 

I helped set up an account for my friend last Tuesday. The last 3 days his iPhone 7 has been freezing at random incoming calls so that he can’t answer and has to hard reset to get the phone working again (He’s 75 and I had to show him how to do that). It’s been happening more often then not. Thoughts?

@rhiggs wrote:

Hey. 

@rhiggs Sounds like a hardware issue with the phone. Check to see if you can run diagnostics on that phone or maybe worth doing a factory reset to see if it clears up.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@rhiggs 

Maybe update IOS if not done already.  Network reset.  

If it continues, maybe try his SIM card in another phone.  To determine whether it is a hardware issue versus PM service issue.  

Need Help? Let's chat.