cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6s - shows as "Lost" when I check with PM, but Not Blacklisted when I check with DeviceCheck

TenMile
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sent a PM to the Mod community on this one.  We have an iPhone 6s given to us by a friend.  They had reported the phone stolen with Rogers, purchased a new phone and then a week later it was found.  They have since contacted Rogers, confirmed that the phone is off the carrier blacklist and confirmed that in iCloud the phone is also not reported as lost.  

When I check the IMEI with Public Mobile, it states the device is reported as lost.  However, when I check with DeviceCheck.ca it shows the device as NOT Blacklisted and good to go.  Does anyone know how to get the device White Listed with Public Mobile?  We have a new SIM inserted in the phone but it won't register the device on the network (all other iPhone functions work via WiFi) so can't call or text.

6 REPLIES 6

@TenMilethere are two entirely different blacklists

1- National List - can be checked online, stuff like theft, fraud etc

2- Carrier List - private can NOT be checked online, usually things like subscription fraud or bill payments

You have stated phone works with Rogers and now Bell

That means #1 is impossible

Chances are that IMEI was used on Koodo/Telus in the past and your friend owes money still

@TenMile wrote:

Stuck a Bell SIM into the phone and it worked properly.  If I check the phone on the Bell or Rogers networks using their IMEI check tool it shows the device is fine.  Blacklist update issue appears to be limited to the Public Mobile network.

TenMile

Issue has been resolved.  Simply had to wait 72 hours for the blacklist to update.  Her phone is now working.

TenMile

Note I corrected my initial post -- I had stated the phone was initially registered with Telus, but it was Rogers.  If I check the phone on either the Bell or Rogers network IMEI tool, it shows its unlocked and fine.  If I check it on the Telus or Public Mobile it shows up as Lost/Stolen.  Seems somehow the Blacklist is not getting updated between carriers.

TenMile

Stuck a Bell SIM into the phone and it worked properly.  If I check the phone on the Bell or Rogers networks using their IMEI check tool it shows the device is fine.  Blacklist update issue appears to be limited to the Public Mobile network.

TenMile

SIM has been activated yes.  Good idea on the other provider SIM, I will try that.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@TenMile wrote:

Sent a PM to the Mod community on this one.  We have an iPhone 6s given to us by a friend.  They had reported the phone stolen with Telus, purchased a new phone and then a week later it was found.  They have since contacted Telus, confirmed that the phone is off the carrier blacklist and confirmed that in iCloud the phone is also not reported as lost.  

When I check the IMEI with Public Mobile, it states the device is reported as lost.  However, when I check with DeviceCheck.ca it shows the device as NOT Blacklisted and good to go.  Does anyone know how to get the device White Listed with Public Mobile?  We have a new SIM inserted in the phone but it won't register the device on the network (all other iPhone functions work via WiFi) so can't call or text.

You have activated the sim?  PM doesnt control the list.  Could it be that it will take some time to have it removed?  Do you have any other providers sim the that you could put in the phone to see what results you get?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.