Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6s "no service" almost every hour or two

AKwan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@CS_Agent

Hi,

Since going from an iPhone SE to an iPhone 6s, the carrier signal seems to drop every couple of hours, sometimes every hour.

I tried all the basic things like using 11.4 iOS, resetting network settings, removing/replacing sim card, restarting phone, etc. It keeps doing it.

Please help. Thank you.

15 REPLIES 15

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@daredogg wrote:

@ute1978 I'm curious... did you ever figure out why your phone would drop its signal when your husband called you? how did you fix it?

There is no fix. I need to accept and deal with it.

If @darjman's suggestion of exchanging the phone where you bought it doesn't work out, trying a new SIM card couldn't hurt... at least that's what I'd think. I'm wondering if this has to do with some water damage on the SIM card contacts? I've seen contacts get some green calcification on them. Hopefully you didn't buy the phone off Kijiji and now the person is gone.

@ute1978 I'm curious... did you ever figure out why your phone would drop its signal when your husband called you? how did you fix it?

darjman

If it's a brand new phone, I would suggest returning it and just buy another one. It seems to be an issue with the phone, in my opinion. 

Also, not sure if you are aware, but the SE is the exact same as the 6s, in terms of its internals. The only difference is the size of the phone, so maybe you could get a different phone or just use the SE? 

Not sure what your situation is, but just a suggestion. If you're happy with the 6S, power to you.

AKwan

Could this be because my SIM from PM is quite old and although it was working with my old SE, its not doing so well with the 6s?

It's still dropping signal every 10 minutes when i'm out and about. I see it go from 4 bars, to 3 bars, to 2, to 1 and then no service.

ute1978

@AKwan wrote:

Yep, many times. Apple store just replaced my battery today and looked at the phone. They don't see any obvious damage to the antenna, but after replacing the battery, it's still dropping signal regularly. 😞

I have written a few times in this community about my similar problem with my 5s.

All day long I have full bars reception on my phone. The moment my husband calls me all bars disappear and the service changes to "no service". I lose the call.... This lasts about 5 seconds and then all bars and service is back.

AKwan

Yep, many times. Apple store just replaced my battery today and looked at the phone. They don't see any obvious damage to the antenna, but after replacing the battery, it's still dropping signal regularly. 😞

AKwan

Doing that currently. 🙂

AKwan

Is there a way to force a carrier update?

AKwan

I tend to agree.

AKwan

Unfortunately, it's not a new 6s and the sim works fine w/my old iPhone SE. 😞

PJC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Tried re-seating your SIM card?

meocon

@AKwan You can also try to restore your phone via iTunes to see if it’s better

MacMe

You can try a carrier update:

- Make sure your device is connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network.
- Tap Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you'll see an option to update your carrier settings.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

If the sim works fine on other phones, it seems like there is some issue with your iPhone 6s. 

meocon

@AKwan So there’s something wrong with your phone hardware. Maybe sim card slot doesnt work consistency & signal chip inside your phone. Did you purchase a brand new iPhone 6S?

Need Help? Let's chat.