cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 getting no service

Studiogeorge
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Have not been getting a network signal.

Says searching on where signal bars are, but the SIM card works fine on my iPhone5.

Frustrated and looking for suggestions.

Thank you in advance for checking in.

12 REPLIES 12

@StudiogeorgeI hope you managed to track down what's wrong. iPhone 6 is prone to have burnt out basband / antenna.. since they usually go for under $200 new these days, it is not worth repairing.

ecowen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My iPhone 5s wasn't accessing data.  I had to reset it to factory settings and not restore from the backups, then data worked.  Now I'm loading my apps one at a time and verifying data after each one.  One of the apps must have prevented my data from working.

Yayo

Mine is an Android, as I mentioned earlier in the thread. I had to take the battery out to remove the SIM card. I would guess that removing the SIM and powering off for a minute would have the same effect.

@NDesai  Yayo has an Android phone.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Studiogeorge  Ideas:

a) Are you sure the phone is unlocked? https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iphone/iphone-locked-unlocked-3614824/

b) Any chance you bought it used and it's now been reported stolen? Check here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

c) Take it to your nearest Apple store for evaluation.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Yayo wrote:

I got it fixed through instructions from the service chatbot. Pulled out the battery and SIM card, waited a minute, put them back in and restarted. Service was restored.

You pulled out battery from your iPhone? If yes, it seems like a lot of work just to get the service working on an old phone. 

Yayo

I got it fixed through instructions from the service chatbot. Pulled out the battery and SIM card, waited a minute, put them back in and restarted. Service was restored.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I assume the phone is able to detect the SIM card and thus is trying to find the network to connect to.  I would suggest doing a factory reset to see if that would help.  Of course back up everything on the phone first.  I generally don't like using this big hammer.  Seeing that desperate times require desperate measures, why not try it.

Studiogeorge

Thanks for sharing.

I’m in Southwest Ontario.

Started two Sundays ago.

Yayo

Also currently getting no service on my Android phone. I think it might be a network issue.

Studiogeorge

Thanks, but still nothing..

I’m afraid it might be a hardware issue.

Everything was updated, and had enough memory with a couple of hard resets, but still came up empty.

It worked once when I switched it back into the iPhone6 few days ago, but it stopped getting public mobile network reception after about a few hours.

Any guesses out there? 

The phone is of course out of warranty, but if any experts can guess the repair price, it would be great.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Studiogeorge wrote:

Have not been getting a network signal.

Says searching on where signal bars are, but the SIM card works fine on my iPhone5.

Frustrated and looking for suggestions.

Thank you in advance for checking in.

@Studiogeorge  Access your iTunes account via WiFi and check for updates.

Need Help? Let's chat.