cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 SIM Card not working

quynno
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

My new PM SIM card is not working on my iPhone 6. It says that it is not supported on my phone. Please help!

5 REPLIES 5

cltrecartin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I agree with other posters, that the phone is most likely locked. Get your IMEI by going to Settings - General - About, then call your previous provider with the IMEI number. With the new CRTC changes, it can be done for free, and only takes a matter of moments to get it done. 

If you bought the phone second-hand, you may have to call a few providers to have it done.

passiveegg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It does sound like your phone is locked to your previous carrier. I suggest you call them so that you can recieve an unlock code and once you put in your PM sim card in it will prompt you to put the code you recieved and then it should work fine. Hope for the best

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@quynno: It might be that phone is not unlocked in which case you have to contact your previous mobile provider. However it might also be that the SIM card really has a problem and it's difficult to get the full idea without having any additional information. If this issue persists; please feel free to write back on this thread or write a direct message to the moderator team.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.

You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

lstokes
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi there,

Chances are your phone is locked to a different provider. What was your previous cell phone provider before PM?

Thanks,

Liam

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Is your phone locked to another carrier?

Need Help? Let's chat.