cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 No Service

laith1195
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello everyone,

I'm really not trying to beat a dead horse but I cannot find any answers anywhere on the forums to my issue. At 8pm I registered my new sim that came in the mail, paid for it and activated my account succesfuly. I was able to login and see that my account is active and working. I even got the confirmation email. I ported my number from wind mobile but just for clarification this is a Koodo unlocked iPhone, I was with kodoo then went to wind and here I am now. It still says no service after roughly three hours and I'm getting worried as to why. I need this phone to work as many people this weekend are relying on my to have it at hand because I am an IBM project consultant manager and this is bad news for me. I placed a support ticket but it's the weekend can you guys please help me?

42 REPLIES 42

laith1195
I just tried that, it said it was successful but still no service. I will update if anything changes but for now please keep the help coming.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @laith1195!  Can you try to re-enter your sim card number in the self-serve account?  

"No service" showing on your phone is usually associated with inactive sim card. Small chance that double checking and re-submitting the sim card number could help.. its worth a try at this point.

Sign in to selfserve.. go to "Plans and Add-ons" and then to "Change SIM"

laith1195
Thanks guys I really appreciate all this wonderful support if there is any way to speed this up if gladly pay if need be my team needs me!

Sorry to hear that the issue is still persisting. Given the urgent nature of the problem, let's see if @Mansi_G or @Jeremy_M have any inputs on a possible solution.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

Wait 2 calendar days for customer assistance to reply with a ticket number. If customer assistance does not reply within 2 calendar days, or replies within 2 calendar days without a working solution and without additional relevant questions, inform the community. A community manager will then be alerted to your situation, and will initiate contact and work with you until your problem is resolved.

Hang in there!

laith1195
Good morning

The problem is still persisting no service is what a still have. I opened two separate tickets with all my old information provided now I'm just waiting for support to get back to me.

This does sound exactly like the issue I faced just a few days ago with the porting process. If it's indeed the same issue, then the porting has gone over just fine and the number is already on the PM network now. One way to find out would be for @laith1195 to call her/his own number to see if it goes over to PM voicemail.

It seems there is some problem on PM's end that prevents the correct provisioning of new accounts after the porting is complete. Hopefully it'll all be over soon, though.

vrance
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @laith1195, just want to ensure that you have sent the correct email to Public Mobile for your issue.  It should be under "Get Help" "Contact Us" "SIM and activation" and there are 2 issues that you have now.  (1) No service after activation (2) not sure if porting from Wind is successful since you have no service.  Please ensure that Wind account number, IMEI and PIN are passed in that email.  Since if Public Mobile can correct the issue that you phone has service, it may not be ported over successfully.  Welcome to Public Mobile.

laith1195
I absolutely will thank you and have a good night I'll be up bright and early to see if I get any results

Yeah, this problem sounds very similar to what I had faced just a few days ago. Maybe @Mansi_G or @Jeremy_M can offer some assistance in the morning?

@laith1195 Please keep restarting your phone every few hours to see if it'll latch on to the network. And as soon as it does, please come on here and let us know.

laith1195
It's definitely not a phone related issue for sure and yes the wind sim is discontinued a lot of people are relying on me to be available tomorrow and Sunday if this does not get solved by then I'm going to be in hot water please PM support bless me with a solutions! 😭

Mayor / Maire

@laith1195 So I'm guessing your Wind SIM is no longer functioning? How long ago did it stop working? Have you tried the SIM in another phone to confirm it's not a phone-related issue ?

PM Support does work weekends - but sometimes it can take a day or two to get a response.

Also, a lot of people have had problems with porting their number over in the last week or so. My impression was that these were resolved - but it is possible the problem may still be around. In my case, after my port went through, for some reason it took another day or so before my SIM started working (after some assistance from PM Support).

Need Help? Let's chat.