cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 No Service

elliottlee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have an iPhone 6 (iOS 11.3.1 - latest) and am getting No Service. I have been a customer for nearly a year now, with no problems. It started last week when service would intermittently cut out, despite indicating there was service. It got progressively worse and now my phone does not connect to Public Mobile. When I take my SIM card out and put it back in, I get a message saying, "Your selected cellular network is no longer available. You can choose a different network in Settings." I tried all of the suggestions from Apple's support page (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201415) and tried swapping SIM cards with my wife's iPhone 6s (she's also on Public Mobile). My SIM card works in her phone, but her SIM card doesn't work in my phone.

Any suggestions?

17 REPLIES 17

Redsparkling1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It shows searching when powered on or sim removed/replaced...then like I said the voicemail notification goes off but then goes to "no service"

Yes have reset all the settings..and in network settings tried the "automatic" setting plus tried the manual setting and chose "public mobile"

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Redsparkling1 wrote:

Yes only the public mobile SIM cards won't be recognized I've tried two different ones but I  tried my friends SIM cards from bell telus and Koodo and they all work absolutely fine with our iPhone

@Redsparkling1 thanks for the screen shot.  Definitely odd that the phone would work with Telus and Koodo, but not PM.  What do you see when you go into Settings -> Cellular -> Network Selection?  Is Automatic selected?

I presume you've already tried Settings -> General -> Reset ->  Reset Network Settings (and then enter PIN and confirm, and let it reboot).  If you haven't, definitely try that (be warned, you'll have to re-establish all your WiFi credentials).

Normally if I see "No Service", I'd either suspect an antenna issue, or a deactivated SIM card.  But, your tests refute both of these being the case (PM SIM works in another phone, and other SIM cards work in your iPhone).  When you power up your phone with the PM SIM card in it, or upon inserting the PM SIM card, does it show "Searching..." at the top at all, or immediately shows "No Service"?

Redsparkling1

Oh yess have been  in ongoing conversations with them for last 10days...lol🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Sharry19
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@elliottlee sorry to hear about that. Looks like there may be hardware problem in your iphone. 

But still I suggest you to please send a Private message to Moderator by clicking on this link @Moderator_Team they will look into the issue.

*** Please note: I am not a Moderator ***

Redsparkling1

15507655581794812802485662353433.jpg

Yes only the public mobile SIM cards won't be recognized I've tried two different ones but I  tried my friends SIM cards from bell telus and Koodo and they all work absolutely fine with our iPhone

Redsparkling1

15507651466417229133917612067427.jpg

Yes used friends o

Sim cards to test phone and they all work except the public mobile sim cards...tried two different ones

CalgaryBen

@Redsparkling1 wrote:

the phone works fine interchanging sim cards with bell telus fido...and sim card works fine in my android....and just says no service when sim put in our iphone6 though the voicemail message icon and notice pops up as soon as sim is inserted...any one else more knowledgable? 

@Redsparkling1 can you elaborate on the statement about "the phone works fine interchanging sim cards with bell telus fido"... do you mean the iPhone 6 works when other SIM cards are inserted, but just not with the Public Mobile SIM card?

Also what appears in the upper left corner of your phone... is it "No Service" or something else?  Maybe a screen shot would help.

@Redsparkling1 wrote:

the carrier is updated but still says in that settings "about" screen that Network     " not available "

When clicked on says "phone not allowed"...?

Are you able to provide a screen shot?  I think that would clarify, since I'm confused when you say "the carrier is updated" but that there's something showing "not available".

Perhaps this post would be of value/use -- have a look:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/FYI-iOS-and-APNs/m-p/326123/highlight...

Redsparkling1

Yes have gone through all of those and tried them all...the carrier is updated but still says in that settings "about" screen that Network     " not available "

When clicked on says "phone not allowed"...? 

What would cause that?

They told me this iphone was compatible when we ported phone number 2wks ago....yet .here we are still trying to get it up and running...,:(

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Redsparkling1 wrote:

Did you ever figure this out.?..we are having similar issues...and moderators have been useless in helping...even did a full wipe and reset...the phone works fine interchanging sim cards with bell telus fido...and sim card works fine in my android....and just says no service when sim put in our iphone6 though the voicemail message icon and notice pops up as soon as sim is inserted...any one else more knowledgable? 

Did you do the carrier update?

This Apple support information might have what you need.

(Thanks @NDesai from another thread)

Redsparkling1

Did you ever figure this out.?..we are having similar issues...and moderators have been useless in helping...even did a full wipe and reset...the phone works fine interchanging sim cards with bell telus fido...and sim card works fine in my android....and just says no service when sim put in our iphone6 though the voicemail message icon and notice pops up as soon as sim is inserted...any one else more knowledgable? 

Korade

Unfortunately, with the latest updates, the iPhone 6 is becoming a little sluggish (speaking from personal experience). That being said, there are carrier updates that can be easy to ignore but may play a part in why the phone is not functioning.

If that doesn't work, I would try the backup and reinstall option mentioned above, and then to an Apple store.

Good luck!

Korade

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@elliottlee One more item to check; Settings >> General >> About and install a carrier update if offered. I am on the same OS and have Carrier Public Mobile 32.0. 

Definitely a phone setting issue as neither active SIM works in your phone.

Last repair attempt a home would be to do a full backup of the phone to iCloud, or iTunes, then perfom a factory reset and reinstall everything.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Sounds like your iPhone 6 is dying. You can either get Apple to repair it, or buy a new phone.

@meocon, why would you recommend contacting moderators for this issue? What can they possibly do in this situation?

@meocon wrote:

I recommend you send a private message to the moderator team and ask them to investigate.  include your account# or phone#, as well as your account PIN (if know) to help speed up the identification process.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.

You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

How long until a moderator replies?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

The moderator team generally look after account related matters.  They can assist with other issues as well.  This is clearly a phone problem that won't easily be resolved through private message.  The community forum may be more efficient.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I sense there's a problem with the phone.  Maybe try doing a reset as something may have changed.  

meocon

I recommend you send a private message to the moderator team and ask them to investigate.  include your account# or phone#, as well as your account PIN (if know) to help speed up the identification process.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.

You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

How long until a moderator replies?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

closng

Hi @elliottlee,

Try toggling your data settings to be 3G only and then back to LTE and if this does not help, try resetting your network settings (Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings).

Need Help? Let's chat.