cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4 from telus

elle112
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I received my new SIM card from pm I would like to know if my iPhone 4 from telus will work when I activate my new sim I have been with pm for a few years and I am simply I upgrading from my samsung ace to iPhone pls help I do not want to activate it until I'm sure I do not need to unlock
15 REPLIES 15

Chris_M

The only way to manually set APN on an iphone 4/4s without jailbreaking the phone is to use Apple Configurator software.  If you currently own a MAC it is available here.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/apple-configurator-2/id1037126344?mt=12

and here are the instuctions to set up a new APN profile to then install on your iphone 4/4s

http://www.imore.com/manually-set-iphone-ipad-carrier-apn-iphone-configuration-utility

Another option would be to see if the apple store can help you with this at their genius bar, as without a jailbreak or thsis softeware manual entry of the correct APN is not possible on iphone 4/4s

Bennyh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I have the sane problem with my iPhone 4 from telus. I could ativate my data using unlockit utility and had data for a short period of time, but now I can not activate my data again for some reason. I have removed and re-install unlockit a few times without success. Would you suggest a solution?

Martin
Legend
Legend
elle112,

I'm glad that DK, through private message, was able to get your phone up and running.

With regard to DK's post where he mentions your phone up and running, would you please click Bravo so that Public Mobile will officially note it.

Thank you.

elle112
Wanted to say awesome job DK on the solution really great

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@DK,

Glad to hear that the site did the trick for her.

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
She has it up and running now. Just did it via private message!

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@DK,

I have recommended unlockit a couple of times to some persons but without success when they tried.

DK
Not sure I have used it in the past and it worked for me. Have you tried it on your own i4?

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@DK,

@elle112,

iPhone APN changer at http://www.unlockit.co.nz/unlockit/ was not working for the iPhone 4.

Do you have a better alternative ?

DK
@elle112 you can get data to work on i4. Simple process and private msg me if interested.

Thanks

elle112
Thank u anyway

@elle112,

iPhone 4 cannot update to iOS 8.3. Only iPhone 4s and newer can update to iOS 8.3

Apple products are so bad...

elle112
It's an iPhone 4 and I tried to follow the apn setting change instructions but only the one apn is available to change do I need an update of my iOS on the phone I really hope there is a solution I have a 2 g data plan but the calls work fine I can receive texts and can use wifi but when I'm
Out of range I cannot access cellular data network

Seb

@elle112 : no unlock needed

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@elle112,

Your iPhone 4 from Telus will work with Public Mobile because Telus own Public Mobile and they are using the same network.

However, you must ensure that you are able to edit your APN, else you won't be able to send MMS or have DATA (internet).

iPhone 4s or newer doesn't have that APN restriction.

Need Help? Let's chat.