cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4/3GS/3G

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am posting this as there still seems to be some confusion with regards to Apple iPhones and there ability to get data on PM.  We are able to get data without much hassle when it comes to the i4S and newer models of iPhones because they can update to iOS 8.1.3 and above but when it comes to the older siblings it is a different method to get data to work and that is the reason for this post.

I have personally used this method and it has worked for me but i will make a disclaimer  USE AT OWN RISK!!!

- you will need to use the iPhone you are trying to get to connect to data and connect it to wifi.

- go to the website www.unlockit.co.nz using the safari browser on the iPhone and you should see this        page.

IMG_0126.PNG

- then go to create apn. 

IMG_0127.PNG

- there you will select canada and public mobile and then create which will bring you to this page.

IMG_0128.PNG

- install the apn and voila your data should connect.

You will also see a APN icon on one of your app pages as thats your apn settings so don't delete it until you are done using PM data.

The only CAVEAT is that your MMS (pic text) will not work with this method but at least your data will. If anybody has anything to add to this pls comment below as this method has worked for me in the past and as always with any software...

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!!!

36 REPLIES 36

MrsBlondin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
How do I update when I go into settings to update it says it's up to date but not 8.1.3

benwarez
On original post U reported iPHONE 4, solution: update your iPHONE 4s to IOS 8.1.3 after that you'll have access to create PM APN. trust me!

MrsBlondin
I do have the 4s

benwarez
It won't help U, that was PM config file, because Apple released a carrier bundle update 18.3, iphone 4 cannot be updated to to that level only iphones 4s and later will work with 18.3

MrsBlondin

A few months ago there was a link to a program that you could download that would allow you to have data on your iPhone 4. Does anyone have that link to the program u download?!

Need Help? Let's chat.