cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 12 Compatibility

Tyson1987
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am considering getting an iPhone 12 and noticed this on the website.

SIM Card

• Dual SIM (nano‑SIM and eSIM)
  • iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 mini are not compatible with existing micro‑SIM cards.

Does this mean the SIM cards Public Mobile sends won't work with and iPhone 12? Is there any way of using the 2 together?

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

Jubert
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I tried my sim card and it did not work and thought it was the phone because it was second hand.  I tried a friends sim card with a different provider and it worked.  I got a new sim card from public mobile and it is also not working.  Any suggestions?  Thanks

Hi @pankajjoshi 

Good of you to thank users for their input, even if from quite awhile back.

I have a recommendation if you'd like to direct your thanks to a specific user:

At the start of your reply to the user's post, use the @ to view the users who have commented on the thread, select the user you may wish to direct a reply to so that user knows they've been 'tagged' on the message.

If you're replying to the particular user's post, their username & avatar will be 1st in the list.

Cheers

( EDIT:  going back to your November involvement, you clearly know of the above tagging method - oops  🤣 )

pankajjoshi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks for the Information

pankajjoshi

Tks for the Info.

pankajjoshi

@gpixel4

Many Txs. for the info.

pankajjoshi

@Jb456  

Many Tks for the info .

@pankajjoshi chances are your sim is not 15 years old. PM came out March 2010, Telus acquired it Oct 2013 and relaunched it August 2015.

Also I believe the iPhone 4s were micro sim and your other phones nano sim. Which means you have somewhat a newer sim card which is 3 hole punch and not the much older sim cards that PM sold that were non punch.

Just saying...

@pankajjoshi wrote:

What are my chances ive been using same sim for over 15 years and planning 

to get iphone 12 so far over the years been using same sim doe my iphones 4s , 6 ,

and now on iphone 7 . 

Hi @pankajjoshi 

As @gpixel mentioned, both iPhone 7 and iPhone 12 use the same size SIM card. So you're good to go.

However I suspect you've changed your SIM card (and probably forgotten) somewhere along the way as Public Mobile wasn't available 15 years ago (was it?)

@pankajjoshi iPhone 7 uses a nano SIM so your iPhone 12 will work

pankajjoshi

What are my chances ive been using same sim for over 15 years and planning 

to get iphone 12 so far over the years been using same sim doe my iphones 4s , 6 ,

and now on iphone 7 . 

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Tyson1987 

Public Mobile does not offer eSIM.

As mentioned, the current PM SIM card is 3-in-1 sizes. If your current phone uses a different size SIM card from the iPhone 12, you can snap out the unneeded part(s).

If you have a recent version of the PM SIM card, there should be no problem switching it over to iPhone 12.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tyson1987 

The PM SIM is what they call tri-punch. Full size, micro, nano. Each snaps out of the larger.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Tyson1987 it's compatible. you should be able to break down your pin sim to a nano SIM for the iPhone 12. public mobile doesn't support esim

Need Help? Let's chat.