cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 12 Compatibility

lolaww724
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there!

Is the Apple iPhone 12 compatible with the Public Mobile platform?

15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AmyMooc : Maybe have a look at devicecheck.ca for curiosity.

@AmyMooc wrote:

Hi! I’ve been with public mobile since 2017 and switched to an iPhone 12 in December 2020 and up until February this year it was fine and all of a sudden the phone is not listed and it is having issues. I would be careful with your choice because I will be switching carriers.

@AmyMooc   What exact problem with your iPhone? is that Data not working?  If so, are you on iOS 15.4 beta?  15.4 Beta 1 and Beta 2 has been having issue.  But 15.4 Beta 3 has the issue resolved.  You just need to upgrade your Beta OS to the latest version 

But if you have other issue, let us know what exact issue and we can try to help

@AmyMooc wrote:

Hi! I’ve been with public mobile since 2017 and switched to an iPhone 12 in December 2020 and up until February this year it was fine and all of a sudden the phone is not listed and it is having issues. I would be careful with your choice because I will be switching carriers.

It's already been established that the iPhone 12 is fully compatible with Public Mobile. When it comes to Public Mobile's compatibility list, being on the list isn't what determines compatibility. Any such list will never actually be fully complete.

AmyMooc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

lolaww724

I have not bought the iPhone 12 but am very interested in hearing what the experience is like on the PM platform. Please share.

Thank you in advance. 

AfanMedia

Hi,

Perhaps, with time twill be listed as a compatible phone. I have been using the phone for months and PM supports it, without 5G network though. You are good to go!

natdaudet
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello! I am also thinking of switching to iphone 12 - however do you know why it isn't listed as a compatible phone with PM?

JackFrost1

I am using iPhone 12 Pro on Public Mobile no issues. Just moved the sim card from the old phone.

It's 100% supported. Obviously no 5G with Public Mobile, but service and coverage will have no issues.

AfanMedia

Yeaa. Pre-orders started today 5am PT, though.

Mattredwingsfan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

it hasn't came out yet, so no one would be able to confirm this

AfanMedia

Please, confirm if you or anyone has ACTUALLY used PM on iPhone 12. Just want to be sure before making my order. Thanks. 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@lolaww724 very nice phone. Would buy for my mom for her birthday. And yes, it is compatible with PM. All modern phones support this provider as I know😊

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Yes it should be compatible.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@lolaww724 wrote:

Hi there!

Is the Apple iPhone 12 compatible with the Public Mobile platform?

@lolaww724  yes

Need Help? Let's chat.