cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 13 Public Mobile Tips For Users of iMessage Texting and Notifications

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hopefully this may be some help.

1. I cannot press the compose button consistently or successfully in Messages on iOS 13 vs iOS 12. Does  iOS 13 have touch issues in some areas or should I wait for an iOS fix? I am thinking, Apple this is horrible! My iPhone phone is useless! So what I found is, on iOS 13 if you hold your finger on the message icon, a menu will pop up IMMEDIATELY and one of the options is to start a new message (Edit Home Screen or New Message). It works far superior than going into messages and trying to press the compose button.

2. Why does my phone and ding twice for a received text?   Because the default setting in “notifications” is set to ding the second time 2 minutes later! To change go to Settings, Notifications, Messages, scroll to bottom Repeat Alerts and adjust accordingly (never, once, twice, 3x, 5x, 10x)

5 REPLIES 5

88cranston

@Luddite wrote:

WRT 2 dings; perhaps set the Repeat Alerts to Never instead of 1.

Yes I erred. I did NEVER but typed 1 forgetting we are talking about repeat. So end all I will only get 1 ding by changing setting to NEVER. 

Thanks 

WRT 2 dings; perhaps set the Repeat Alerts to Never instead of 1.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

88cranston

@Luddite wrote:

1. iOS 13 has been plagued with bugs; see https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2019/11/19/apple-ios-1323-ios13-release-should-you-upgrade-...

Thanks. I forgot to mention. I posted how to do that already but from a different web site. I did change 2 phones back. But yesterday I bought another that has iOS 13. At a certain point there is no chance of returning to iOS 12. The web sites warn you of that. And yesterday I found out that you can no longer go back. My main issue was starting to compose a Text....but have found that on iOS 13 there are 2 ways of initiating a text. So the way we were used to on iOS 12 now sucks when trying on an iOS 13 phone. But the new way is flawless. 

2. it dings twice if you don't look at the message soon enough; no more dings after 2 though Robot surprised

88cranston

@Luddite wrote:

1. iOS 13 has been plagued with bugs; see https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2019/11/19/apple-ios-1323-ios13-release-should-you-upgrade-...

Thanks I will review the link. 

2. it dings twice if you don't look at the message soon enough; no more dings after 2 though Robot surprised

Thanks. I am never close to my phone to know or confirm how it works. I agree with what you are saying BUT you can get up to 10 dings and you can reset to your desire at Settings, Notifications, Messages, Repeat alerts, and make your choice. I chose never (a repeat). 

Thanks. 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.