cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage

Maya-Jaffary
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Someone else is using my new phone number on their iMessage and responding to my friends. I can't receive any messages from my friends with iPhones.

I'm and Android user btw.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

9 REPLIES 9

Maya-Jaffary

Found the solution. Used this link 

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/

And entered the new phone number. It sent me verification code text message to me which I entered to the webpage. Then it deregistered the phone number from all Apple ID's. So whenmwhen iPhone user friends reply to my messages, it doesn't use iMessage and I receive them.

@Maya-Jaffary 

I'm not too familar with iMessage, but most of these types programs require a user to follow a phone number verification process that usually involves you being called or sent a text message with a code.  I would imagine that if you complete that process, I would imagine that should log your number out on the other device.  However, since this is a brand new phone number, it may be easier to just change the number.

Maya-Jaffary

The previous owner of this phone number has registered this phone number on iMessage. Is there a way I can deregister my phone number from their Apple ID?

Maya-Jaffary

The number is not active. The problem is the person who used to have this phone number, did not remove the number from their iMessage. I'd rather keep my phone number.

Maya-Jaffary

My android phone is working fully with the new number. I can text and call and use all apps. It's just the messages from IPhone users that goes to the highjakers iMessage. I do not have an iPhone or Apple ID.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Maya-Jaffary Sounds as though you were given an active number; it happens sometimes. Quickest solution is to login to your account and choose a new number.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Maya-Jaffary wrote:

Someone else is using my new phone number on their iMessage and responding to my friends. I can't receive any messages from my friends with iPhones.

Is your Android phone still working with your phone number hijack by that iPhone user?

Can you still login to your AppleID account with your phone number?

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Maya-Jaffary wrote:

Yes deactivate your iMessage number or email.  See here please.  

Need Help? Let's chat.