cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage issue after switching to Public Mobile

SHicks
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi folks,

I just signed on today.  Things were going great.  Migrated my old number with no issues.  But for some reason my iMessage isn't working.  I get a "waiting for activation" message.  Same with FaceTime.  Is this normal?  

thanks in advance for any help.

8 REPLIES 8

SHicks

It really doesn't use much data at all.  If you make sure you turn off Wifi assist in your data settings on an iPhone, you save a lot of data.

You've turned data on. iMessage works. And consumes Data.

You can turn iMessage off. iMessage will not use pretty iMessage enhancements, it will behave like a normal plain dull and boring SMS/MMS app. It will use Text instead of Data. Text is Unlimited, MMS picture attachments are Unlimited, Data is not.

SHicks

Fixed my own issue.  All I had to do was turn my data on.  Turned on my iMessage and FaceTime and voila!

SHicks

Thanks for the info.

I seem to be able to send and receive phone calls fine.  And text messaging is working.

I'll just keep trying turning iMessage on and off.   Sometimes these things magically fix themselves.

SHicks

I've tried both of those things.  But I'll keep trying.  

Thanks for the advice

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@SHicks 

You may need to go to your iMessage and Facebook settings.  Sign out and sign in.  Or try a Network reset or rebooting your phone.  

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@SHicks wrote:

Hi folks,

I just signed on today.  Things were going great.  Migrated my old number with no issues.  But for some reason my iMessage isn't working.  I get a "waiting for activation" message.  Same with FaceTime.  Is this normal?  

thanks in advance for any help.

a) Can happen. Try turning iMessage and Facetime OFF, wait 5 minutes, and turn ON.

b) If you a transferring a phone number from another carrier,

• reboot you phone from time to time until tomorrow
  • confirm you can receive calls on the transferred number.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.