cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: i want to get a smart phone.

@shanes013I concur with the suggestion to keep an eye on Red Flag Deals.. However depending on your budget.. There are quite a few Koodo bundles of mid range phones with gift certificates of $150 at 3rd party dealers like wow!  example here I think those are the better  deals than just using PM if you don't have a smart phone. If you can wait Back to School season and the new iPhones are coming out so there will be a lot of deals for stock clearing.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you are willing to pay for a premium smartphone, check out the Pixel 3a.  I think they sell for CAD$549 on google.ca.  My wife got one on a Koodo Tab.  I had a new processor chip (not the fastest, but up to date) and the latest operating system.  The camera alone on the Pixel 3a is worth the price.  It takes amazing photos, even under dim conditions.

On the other hand, if you are cheap like me, you can use an older smartphone.  I picked up a refurbed Nexus 5 about 3 years ago and it is still performing well for me.

I recently bought the Google Pixel 3a, a so called mid range phone that has one of the best cameras on and Android device, and is running stock Android.

Its not a flagship phone, but it’s a very good phone,

$549 direct from the https://store.google.com/ca/product/pixel_3a

Oracle

This looks like a good budget phone option.  Judging by the vote count and thread activity over such a long time, the deal is good.  Disclaimer, I don't own this and so I have no skin in the game in any way.  Just relaying possible options.

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/aliexpress-umidigi-a5-pro-smartphone-120t-2286063/

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

you can purchase one online or locally. I purchased a Samsung Galaxy a20 and am very impressed with it. its a great phone for the cost and if you want more you could upgrade to the A30, A50, or A70

ofs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Wait for Back to School for more options.

Otherwise, P30 is good.