Did you mean: 

i want to get a smart phone.

shanes013
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

where i can get a smart phone.

15 REPLIES 15

ofs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Wait for Back to School for more options.

Otherwise, P30 is good.

AnthonyP

you can purchase one online or locally. I purchased a Samsung Galaxy a20 and am very impressed with it. its a great phone for the cost and if you want more you could upgrade to the A30, A50, or A70

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This looks like a good budget phone option.  Judging by the vote count and thread activity over such a long time, the deal is good.  Disclaimer, I don't own this and so I have no skin in the game in any way.  Just relaying possible options.

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/aliexpress-umidigi-a5-pro-smartphone-120t-2286063/

I recently bought the Google Pixel 3a, a so called mid range phone that has one of the best cameras on and Android device, and is running stock Android.

Its not a flagship phone, but it’s a very good phone,

$549 direct from the https://store.google.com/ca/product/pixel_3a

funpig
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you are willing to pay for a premium smartphone, check out the Pixel 3a.  I think they sell for CAD$549 on google.ca.  My wife got one on a Koodo Tab.  I had a new processor chip (not the fastest, but up to date) and the latest operating system.  The camera alone on the Pixel 3a is worth the price.  It takes amazing photos, even under dim conditions.

On the other hand, if you are cheap like me, you can use an older smartphone.  I picked up a refurbed Nexus 5 about 3 years ago and it is still performing well for me.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@shanes013I concur with the suggestion to keep an eye on Red Flag Deals.. However depending on your budget.. There are quite a few Koodo bundles of mid range phones with gift certificates of $150 at 3rd party dealers like wow!  example here I think those are the better  deals than just using PM if you don't have a smart phone. If you can wait Back to School season and the new iPhones are coming out so there will be a lot of deals for stock clearing.

techtoys

A great place to get one is from Costco. They give 3 months to return it for any reason if you don't like it. They carry iphone's and Samsung. 

@shanes013 wrote:

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@shanes013 

If you like physical keyboards, the BlackBerry Key2 rocks!!  Smiley Very Happy

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@shanes013, I suggest staying on top of the hot deals thread in the red flag deals forum.  The latest hot phone deals will be discussed there.  The retailers can be varied.  The more upvotes, the better the deal.

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/hot-deals-f9/

If you want to buy from non retail sources, the buy, sell, trade forum is another option.  These are members offering up phones for sale.  Unlike other sources such as Kijiji, the sellers are rated by their peers.  You can buy with confidence. 

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/bst-cell-phones-accessories-f45/

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

I get all mine from friends as they upgrade. Saves me alot of money and I don't need very much power for what I do. I got my Motorola G3 like three years ago and it's still perfect for me!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@shanes013 wrote:

Walmart, bestBuy, Amazon, Ebay, London Drugs.  So many places

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@shanes013 hi sometimes amazon has decent deals I guess it depends what your looking for ,thats the important thing and how much your willing to spendSmiley Happy

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Any number of places. Do you prefer online or store shopping? What kinds of things would you like to do with your phone? This might help us recommend a model. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can purchase phones at Best Buy, Staples, Amazon, & NewEgg.  There are other retailers depending where you are located.

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

you can get it at store like walmart, best buy, etc.

Need Help? Let's chat.