cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to port over a number i have had for 15 years it telling me i cant :(

dkeddy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i am trying to port over my old number i have had for over 15 years and it tells me ask here... i have no clue what i am doing help plz ty

26 REPLIES 26

Mike40999
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Sorry to hear that you are having so much trouble, if you need more just pm us or moderator will help you out, i are here to help you as a community !!!

dkeddy

not pre paid i paid monthly with them... and my bill caught up... crazy

dkeddy

they gave me a tempory number

@dkeddy, is your current PC Mobile a prepaid or postpaid account?

I believe the PC Prepaid need moderator assistance to complete the port.

dkeddy

i cant get passed step 1,,, and this cell number i have had for years and bill is paid and others have ported theres with none paid bills i am confusted... i messaged them hoping to fix it as i am going out in a few hours

@dkeddy wrote:

so wishing i never did this ... so much trouble for a little thing 😞 only me

If you can't do this at the store, then activate the account with a temporary number and seek moderator team assistance in the porting.

@dkeddy wrote:
We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.
-  Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance.

this is what i get ufff

In porting, the number eligibility check is a confirmation that the number is resident in an active account.  Suject to passing this check, step 2 involve providing associated account number and checking off authorization to port.  If you are unable to do these two steps, by all means reach out to the moderator team and have them assist.

dkeddy

so wishing i never did this ... so much trouble for a little thing 😞 only me

dkeddy

yup did that a dozen times

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Have you typed the 10 digit number with no dashes or spaces... Just ##########

dkeddy

i am still able to use my pc phone number and all... i have a active PM sim and everything they set it up at walmart yesterday,,, i have no clue it will not go passed this piece when i try and change the number all i  get it this 

We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Select a new number.

GreatCanadian

Is the old account in good standing? Is the phone under contract with PC?

Is the phone still working with the PC SIM card?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying get you through the port!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@dkeddy wrote:

i am trying to port over my old number i have had for over 15 years and it tells me ask here... i have no clue what i am doing help plz ty

First of all I am assuming you have a Public Mobile Sim.  Now here is where we will need more info.  Do you have an active PM sim with a new number, or have you not activated it yet.

If you have activated with a new number you will need to go into your self serve account and go to Change number.  Select port a cellular or landline number and enter that number in the box to check eligibility.  From there you will need the Account number of your old provider, and the PIN (don't use IMEI number)  Put whoevers name is on the old account in this form as well where it asks.  Check the I am authorized to make changes to this account and hit submit.  I usually takes between 20 minutes and 3 hours for ports to complete.  Mine have all been done in under 30 minutes and if it is over 4 hours I would send a Private message to the moderators (link in my signature).

If you just have a sim that hasn't been activated you will need to go here https://activate.publicmobile.ca/ and set up your self serve account and activate your SIM.  After you complete the first page it will ask you if you want a new number or to transfer a number from another provider.  Some say to take a new number and make sure that everything is working before you port your number but I have never had any issue porting at the time of activation.  So this is where you would select Transfer number from another Provider and this is where the steps above will be what to follow.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

dkeddy
-  Select a new number.

this is what i get ufff

GreatCanadian

@dkeddy wrote:

Cant get to porting page

Can you log in to your self-serve account?

GC

GreatCanadian

What exactly happens when you try to port? What message are you getting. I ported my number that I've had for at least 12 years with no issue. But I was porting from Telus. You should be able to do this, but try to provide a little more information on EXACTLY what you've tried and EXACTLY  what the results were.

GC

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@dkeddy, you only need permission to port an active number, when you are not the owner.  In the porting screen, the phone number and associated account number along with confirmation of authority to port the number is required.  It looks to me all the ducks are lined up to do the number port.

dkeddy

Cant get to porting page

jp2

Ok so did you fill in all of the required fields on the porting page? Account number, name on account, etc.

If you need help from mods here's how to contact them 

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue.

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9 am to 9 pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9 am to 7:30 pm [Toronto Time]
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on how many messages in the queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages. In fact, each message you send will put you all the way to the back of the line.

dkeddy

thanks

dkeddy

it not closed i can still use it , but wanted to get it in my name so i dont loose my number

i can use it right now.... but no clue why i cant get it to port over uggg and sucks u cant call anyone for help... that part sucks

@dkeddy wrote:

What carrier is it from?  The number eligibility check will sometimes let you port a Telus branded carrier to Public Mobile using self serve but the number transfer could still be done through customer service.

I have read that pager numbers cannot be ported.  In addition, any number that you wish to port must be still active.

If the eligibility check says that it can't do it, no one here can help with any account specific issues other than moderators.  The moderator username is Moderator_Team .

jp2

I'm not sure about that. I thought if you close your account before porting out you lose your number 

dkeddy

but he called and told them i could take my number back

dkeddy

was with pc and it was in my exs name and i had the bill paid off ....

jp2

What company are you coming from?

Is your account in good standing?

Are you an authorized account holder?

Need Help? Let's chat.