cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help

philipcrwood
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i just had my phone hooked up and went into the text messege options i changed the number that was there to my number and now my phone wont work for texts

8 REPLIES 8

@gblackma wrote:

@philipcrwood it's your 10 digit PM phone number change it back. And restart your phone. Stay safe. 

In the first post, philipcrwood stated that the number was changed to the Public Mobile phone number. That's what caused the problem/when the probelm started.

@philipcrwood wrote:

i just had my phone hooked up and went into the text messege options i changed the number that was there to my number and now my phone wont work for texts

@philipcrwood The SMSC setting being incorrect will prevent you from sending outgoing text messages. This is not supposed to be set to you own number. It should be set to +16475800172.

@philipcrwood it's your 10 digit PM phone number change it back. And restart your phone. Stay safe. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@philipcrwood what's the make and model of the device?

try resetting your network settings

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jb456 wrote:

@Anonymous tell me about it.. chirp chirp 🦗🦗🦗😆 making my work night go slow lol 

Figures. Just as I made the post about the crickets from this OP...other threads pop up. So yeah...crickets from this thread 🙂

@Anonymous tell me about it.. chirp chirp 🦗🦗🦗😆 making my work night go slow lol 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jb456 

Are your ears ringing from the loudness of the crickets? 🙂

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

When you joined. Did you select a brand new number or did you port a number from your old provider?

If you ported, from what company and when?

What is the make and model of your phone?

When sim card is in does it connect to PM network?

Does anything work at all? Call in/out, text in/out, data?

Have you tried rebooting phone? What have you tried and what have you done?

Need Help? Let's chat.