cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emergency calls only network not working

phoebedw
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Heya All,

TIA for any help! My daughters phone just stopped working yesterday around 4 pm.No calls or texts in or out. The message says Network not Working, emergency calls only. her account is up to date, have tried taking sim in and out and rebooting. it's a Samsing Galaxy S2...

Any thoughts?

8 REPLIES 8

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@phoebedw wrote:

Hiya,

My phone won't allow me to register on Public Mobile network. It comes up as an option in available networks and when I select it, it comes back with "selected network unavailable".

Anyone have any ideas? We haven't had service since yesterday!

TIA

@phoebedw if you haven't already, at this point I'd hightly recommend you reach out to the moderator team via private message to get some help.  Please see here to read how:  How to Get Help - Community

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

phoebedw

Hiya,

My phone won't allow me to register on Public Mobile network. It comes up as an option in available networks and when I select it, it comes back with "selected network unavailable".

Anyone have any ideas? We haven't had service since yesterday!

TIA

phoebedw

I tried your suggestion... now it is not allowing me to register on Public Mobile Network. It is saying " network unavailable" Any ideas?

phoebedw

Great. thx will try. The phone has left with my daughter for school, will keep you posted.

jotsang
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You can try the lost/stolen phone trick to see if it will force an update.

Login to your account, click on Plan and Add-Ons, then select Lost/Stolen Phone.
Click Suspend Sevice and logout. Wait for a few mins, then login to the same Lost/Stolen Phone tab and click Resume Sevice. Restart your phone after and see if this helps.

phoebedw

I've checked and confirmed the account is active with extra balance. So no issues there. any other thoughts?

phoebedw

thx! looking into that right now

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@phoebedw, are you able to login to the self serve and confirm that it is active?  Based on your description, it would appear that the account went into some sort of suspended state.  If there are any confirmed account issues, you need to reach out to the moderator team for support.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.