cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

data not working

i put my sim card in my new phone all working good but data is not working it reads the sim card as telus but the net work is on public mobile 3g and i can not change the apn. i have tried all the troubleshooting. i have read ..

Mayor / Maire

Re: data not working

@dragonfire7051 wrote:

i put my sim card in my new phone all working good but data is not working it reads the sim card as telus but the net work is on public mobile 3g and i can not change the apn. i have tried all the troubleshooting. i have read ..

Hi, have you been using this sim prior to putting it in your new phone or is it newly activated?

Try resetting your network settings or the Lost/stolen trick.

Login to self serve - Plan & add-ons - Lost/Stolen phone - Suspend service.
Logout and wait a few minutes then login and select found phone.
This will not blacklist your phone.

Mayor / Maire

@dragonfire7051

If the Lost/Stolen trick does not work try adding $1 to your account, this sometimes works when the Lost/Stolen does not work.

Also, if you haven't already tried restart your phone.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

i had a phone lgk4 where i got the plan from and just got the newer phone it sayes it works on this net work so i put the sim card in all works but data i tryed all this trobelshooting 

Mayor / Maire

@dragonfire7051 what is the brand and model number of the new(er?) phone you are having difficulty with?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Mayor / Maire

@dragonfire7051 wrote:

i had a phone lgk4 where i got the plan from and just got the newer phone it sayes it works on this net work so i put the sim card in all works but data i tryed all this trobelshooting 

Is data turned on?

yes its on 

Oracle

@dragonfire7051 wrote:

If this is a used phone and another LG it may need a network reset.  If you tell us the amke and model we will be able to help you out more.  

Here is a great site to setup your APN and instructions on how to do it.  Find the APN Settings for Public Mobile here!

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Mayor / Maire

@dragonfire7051 wrote:

yes its on 

As @srlawren ask which phone are you using?

Mayor / Maire

@dragonfire7051 wrote:

Can you a) let us know what phone and what OS you are using, and b) provide details of what exact trouble shooting you did?

If your phone supports Public Mobile / Telus frequencies but runs on Android 8.1 you likely don't have the right APN settings.