cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data not working

dragonfire7051
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i put my sim card in my new phone all working good but data is not working it reads the sim card as telus but the net work is on public mobile 3g and i can not change the apn. i have tried all the troubleshooting. i have read ..

24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dragonfire7051 wrote:

nothing has helped i changed my plan with no data now on my next renewal date i may just look for new provider

Did you try the apk install from redflagdeals that wetcoaster linked to or the easier idea of using a Freedom Mobile SIM?

If it is in fact running Android 8.1 then this is a common problem with many providers.

Back on the computer...

According to the manufacturer's link https://www.doogee.cc/detail/ip68-rugged-smartphone_s80/139 this phone has the needed bands to work with Public Mobile.

It also runs on Android 8.1... So, this is likely the Android 8.1 problem.

Other people have had success putting a Freedom SIM in, which seemed to have allowed them to add a new APN, fill in Public Mobile settings, reboot. Put Public Mobile SIM in.

(I think... For me playing with an active SpeakOut SIM eventually populated the Public Mobile APN settings, but I didn't write down the exact steps, sorry.) YMMV.

The relevant post https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Android-8-1-APN-settings/m-p/289974/h... in the big Android 8.1 APN thread: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Android-8-1-APN-settings/td-p/241715

Another way to deal with it: https://forums.redflagdeals.com/solved-fido-apn-miui-10-cant-add-apn-2239645/#p30122708 (Disclaimer: I have not tried this myself. But have seen several reports that it works.)

dragonfire7051

phone is still trying to find mobileservice after reset the phone 

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@dragonfire7051, are you able to add a new APN?  Looking at the phone it is a Beast of a phone and seems quite interesting

LOL, I agree...a beast but cool.

dragonfire7051

ok ill try 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@wetcoaster wrote:

should know better than to participate here on a phone on Sunday morning. 

@wetcoaster lol, all good.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Looking at the phone it is a Beast of a phone and seems quite interesting

If nothing else, it certainly has a Beast of a battery!!!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@dragonfire7051, are you able to add a new APN?  Looking at the phone it is a Beast of a phone and seems quite interesting

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@srlawren wrote:

@wetcoaster wrote:

If your phone supports Public Mobile / Telus frequencies you don't have the right APN settings.

@wetcoaster or, as @ShawnC13 pointed out, it could be the LG quirk when changing providers.  Or, it could be the Android 8 issue some people seem to have where the phone won't let them edit the APN settings.  Or theoretically it could be an older iPhone that needs the unlockit (though probably not as the OP mentioned a newer phone).  Or possibly some other variation....

@srlawren

Sorry, poor wording. I was about to edit the Android 8.1 into it. 

should know better than to participate here on a phone on Sunday morning. 

srlawren

@krazykiwi wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@dragonfire7051, when you said iis ays it will work on the PM network did you use the IMEI checker for that?  If so that only checks to see if the phone has been reported lost or stolen and not network compatability.

Use this to confirm compatability

https://willmyphonework.net/

@krazykiwi unfortunately, the s80 isn't in their database (I just checked).

@dragonfire7051 however, when I looked up the specs, it looks like it should be compatible. You might need to try a network reset, and if that doesn't work, a factory reset.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@dragonfire7051, when you said iis ays it will work on the PM network did you use the IMEI checker for that?  If so that only checks to see if the phone has been reported lost or stolen and not network compatability.

Use this to confirm compatability

https://willmyphonework.net/

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@dragonfire7051 wrote:

doogee s80 i tryed my wifes sim chip in it and it works fine it just the public mobile sim reads telus and you can not go in and chaing the apn it reads it off the chip

Here is one thing I found when troubleshooting an iPhone for the same issue. 

Turn phone off - remove sim - turn phone on and wait for it to find no service - turn phone off - insert sim.

This forces it to look for the network settings again.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

srlawren

@wetcoaster wrote:

If your phone supports Public Mobile / Telus frequencies you don't have the right APN settings.

@wetcoaster or, as @ShawnC13 pointed out, it could be the LG quirk when changing providers.  Or, it could be the Android 8 issue some people seem to have where the phone won't let them edit the APN settings.  Or theoretically it could be an older iPhone that needs the unlockit (though probably not as the OP mentioned a newer phone).  Or possibly some other variation....

dragonfire7051

doogee s80 i tryed my wifes sim chip in it and it works fine it just the public mobile sim reads telus and you can not go in and chaing the apn it reads it off the chip

@dragonfire7051 wrote:

i had a phone lgk4 where i got the plan from and just got the newer phone it sayes it works on this net work so i put the sim card in all works but data i tryed all this trobelshooting 

Can you a) let us know what phone and what OS you are using, and b) provide details of what exact trouble shooting you did?

If your phone supports Public Mobile / Telus frequencies but runs on Android 8.1 you likely don't have the right APN settings.

@dragonfire7051 wrote:

yes its on 

As @srlawren ask which phone are you using?

@dragonfire7051 wrote:

i had a phone lgk4 where i got the plan from and just got the newer phone it sayes it works on this net work so i put the sim card in all works but data i tryed all this trobelshooting 

If this is a used phone and another LG it may need a network reset.  If you tell us the amke and model we will be able to help you out more.  

Here is a great site to setup your APN and instructions on how to do it.  Find the APN Settings for Public Mobile here!

dragonfire7051

yes its on 

@dragonfire7051 wrote:

Is data turned on?

srlawren

@dragonfire7051 what is the brand and model number of the new(er?) phone you are having difficulty with?

dragonfire7051

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@dragonfire7051

If the Lost/Stolen trick does not work try adding $1 to your account, this sometimes works when the Lost/Stolen does not work.

Also, if you haven't already tried restart your phone.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@dragonfire7051 wrote:

i put my sim card in my new phone all working good but data is not working it reads the sim card as telus but the net work is on public mobile 3g and i can not change the apn. i have tried all the troubleshooting. i have read ..

Hi, have you been using this sim prior to putting it in your new phone or is it newly activated?

Try resetting your network settings or the Lost/stolen trick.

Login to self serve - Plan & add-ons - Lost/Stolen phone - Suspend service.
Logout and wait a few minutes then login and select found phone.
This will not blacklist your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.