cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

compatibility

cedars
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My LG Model C800C isn't on the list. How can I tell if it is compatible?

6 REPLIES 6

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).

Please note that this information is indicative only. Your phone's compatibility with our 4G or 4G LTE networks is based on the radio frequencies of your phone. Public Mobile does not guarantee that your phone will work on our mobile network.

From my research, your phone is the Mytouch Q which is a GSM phone which will not work on Public Mobile. Check it out here:

https://www.lg.com/us/support/products/documents/FINAL_eDatasheet_LG_myTouchQ.pdf

source: http://willmyphonework.net

mytouchq.PNG

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Did you try willmyphonework.net?

cedars
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

OOPS My LG is model C800G, not C800C.  Problem: not listed on compatability list. How can I tell if it's compatible?

My first device on PM was an LG "Eclypse" C800G. Definitely compatible and even surprisingly snappy on HSPDA+ Data. 

A sturdy and indestructible little thing, actually built around a metal chassis. The battery (from 2012) still holds enough charge for about a day and a half. Loved the slider keyboard (and still love it, SwiftKey and other touchscreen keyboards are just sucky junk).

But hardware compatibility aside I had to abandon it due to software incompatibility. Android 2.4.6 (Gingerbread) just too old, can't run (or update) any apps unless they're back-compatible by nine newer AndroidOS versions, can't even install a browser new enough to properly display most of today's websites.

So even if you can get it to work you might discover it's no longer useful enough tech to be relevant. It's basically become nothing more than a flip-phone with a 4" touchscreen and slider keyboard. 

@cedars wrote:

My LG Model C800C isn't on the list. How can I tell if it is compatible?

If this is the version sold by T-Mobile in the U.S., I would say no.  Phones from this generation didn't work on both T-Mobile 3g and AT&T 3g (or Public Mobile frequency 3g).

Need Help? Let's chat.