cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing sim card

stevenbrodeur
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought a new sim card for my phone today, my old phone took nano and my new one takes micro. however when I go into the section to change sim card it gives me the following error message.

"Sorry, the sim card is invalid or already in use. please try again or order a new sim card at publicmobile.ca"

I just bought the sim card brand new at walmart.

can anyone shed some light on how i can activite this new sim card?

thank you!

9 REPLIES 9

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hey @popping that's a great graphic of the sim sizes!

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@popping wrote:

@stevenbrodeur wrote:

Yes the old one is still currently the one active it's just too small for the new phone but that idea of using the punch out portion is a good idea I'll do that if all else fails. Thank you

The new 3-in-1 PM SIM card has adapter for the mini and micro conversion.

3-in-1-SIM

That's what I did with mine. When I bought the LG G Flex it had an old Rogers Micro sim in it and my Nano SIM (from my brief stint as a iPhone user...) of course was too small. I popped the Rogers Nano SIM out of the Micro, and put the PM Nano in it. Presto I have a Rogers/PM hybrid and have the ability to connect to both companies! (not really, but still it looks funny because the Micro part says Rogers on it.) I was worried about it falling out and then getting lost inside the phone but so far nothing has happened. (I later found the PM adapter but didn't bother to change it, I like my funny SIM).
tl;dr

This will work for you as it works for me currently! Just use your old Nano in the Micro adapter of your new one.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stevenbrodeur wrote:

Yes the old one is still currently the one active it's just too small for the new phone but that idea of using the punch out portion is a good idea I'll do that if all else fails. Thank you

The new 3-in-1 PM SIM card has adapter for the mini and micro conversion.

3-in-1-SIM

stevenbrodeur

stevenbrodeur

I've tried with chrome browser, chrome mobile browser and safari on my Mac book all give the same message

stevenbrodeur

I have tried about 3 times now within the last 3 hours still always the same message after I enter the number. Was the card supposed to be activated at Walmart? Or is that what the new sim card section is for?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@stevenbrodeur What about your old sim card? Does it work? You could've just fit the same sim into the micro size. The new sim you bought is a triple punch and you can remove the new sim chip and fit your old one in if new is giving problems. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stevenbrodeur

Restart your browser and re-do the process again.  Sometime, PM website gets confused if you move back a page.  Close the broswer will close the PM session.  After restarting your browser, your are starting a PM session.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stevenbrodeur, Did you try it more than once?  If you did, and had some other issue on the first try, wait an hour and try again.  Did you double check that the number entered was correct?

Need Help? Let's chat.