cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing my local area

RHoppington
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

somehow my local area was put as mission

i need this changed to greater vancouver area because ppl try to call me or i try to call out and it says i'm calling long distance

9 REPLIES 9

bowen6844
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Since Vancouver is often in a different region when it comes to phone plans if you are getting or receiving calls they can be charged as long distance similar to if you were in a completely different province. I believe this is done because Vancouver is a high traffic and economic area and because of all the skyscrapers there is a lot more stuff to block cell towers. To fix your number you need to long on to the self-serve page and the last gray tab there is the option to check your plan and add-ons. Select that. This will then take you to a new page with more tabs at the top. The second to last tab is the option to change your phone number.

Hope this helps! : )

@Luddite wrote:

@Lieux I think the issue is avoiding long distance charges for callers that are local to the poster; not the OP calling out.

I had this problem yesterday...calling out can't make it.... the message said it was a long distance...but for me few minutes later it was ok again..Smiley Frustrated

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RHoppington wrote:

i need this changed to greater vancouver area because ppl try to call me or i try to call out and it says i'm calling long distance

How was it "put as mission"? Didn't you select a number?

And yes, as a minimum, PM offers province-wide so you should not be affected while calling in the province. But yes others might not have such a plan and then they would have to call long distance from say Point Grey to Mission.

There are several area codes that overlap. Sure some would be familair with good ol' 604 but I would imagine that by now they would be unavailable. Then there's 778. Then there's 236. Are there more?

@Lieux wrote:

With public mobile you can have plan with provincial or canadian limits. Vancouver and Mission are in the same province?

Yes, but people at other carriers might have to pay long distance to call this person.

@Lieux I think the issue is avoiding long distance charges for callers that are local to the poster; not the OP calling out.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@Lieux wrote:

@RHoppington wrote:

I think that's not a problem with your local area number....but a bug...reach the moderator here for help..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and give them details of your problem. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

Mission is a city name. It is not local to Vancover. People in Vancouver might have to pay extra at other carrierrs to call Mission.  Why not just change number?

With public mobile you can have plan with provincial or canadian limits. Vancouver and Mission are in the same province?

@Lieux wrote:

@RHoppington wrote:

i need this changed to greater vancouver area because ppl try to call moe or i try to call out and it says i'm calling long distance

I think that's not a problem with your local area number....but a bug...reach the moderator here for help..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and give them details of your problem. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

Mission is a city name. It is not local to Vancover. People in Vancouver might have to pay extra at other carriers to call Mission.  Why not just change number?

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@RHoppington wrote:

Go to selfserve.publicmobile.ca and log in. Click Plans and add-ons.  Change phone number. Choose bc - vancover and pick the number you want and then submit.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@RHoppington wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.