cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change of sim card

KenGam
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just bought a new phone which is not compactible with my old SIM card, how do I change or activate my new sim card keeping the same number and plan?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

KenGam
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yep, I ordered a new and got it delivered .Thanks for your help 

@Anonymous wrote:

@KenGam 

And they're re-assemble-able to the larger sizes if you have the original parts.

Do you have the new one yet?

@Anonymous  With a little care of course, and making sure the larger bezel size fits snug. I had a heck of a time getting the adapter out of the z10 when the pins pushed the nano out of the micro bezel during removal. Heard quite a few others who ended up ruining their phone because of this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KenGam 

And they're re-assemble-able to the larger sizes if you have the original parts.

Do you have the new one yet?

@Dunkgirl wrote:

Log into self serve then go to plans/addons and click change sim card. Are you sure the old one is not compatible? Most of the sim cards are tri-punch you can snap out the right size.

Yes most of them are triplepunch, like this

simc ard triple punch.jpg

Unless you have a very old one

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@KenGam 

Some places to pick up a sim

WalMart There are over 400 WalMart locations across Canada. Find the store closest to you by clicking here. (Sometimes walmart is selective about who they sell the sim card to, be warned, you may not get one here)

The Mobile Shop. There are nearly 200 The Mobile Shop locations across Canada, located in places like Loblaws and Real Canadian Superstore. Find the store closest to you by clicking here.

Wow! Mobile boutique. Not very many but in a lot of major cities. Find the closest to you by clicking here.

London Drugs operates 80 locations across 35 major markets. Check here to see if there is a location close to you Click here

K Mobile has 21 stores, see if one is close to you Click Here!

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Log into self serve then go to plans/addons and click change sim card. Are you sure the old one is not compatible? Most of the sim cards are tri-punch you can snap out the right size.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@KenGam wrote:

I just bought a new phone which is not compactible with my old SIM card, how do I change or activate my new sim card keeping the same number and plan?

Thanks

You just need to purchase a new sim card from one of the retailers *avoid Walmart* and then you would log into your self serve and on your main overview landing page on the right hand side there is Change Sim Card.  Click that and enter your new sim card number and it will be activated with your current number assigned to it.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@KenGam wrote:

Thanks

Once you get the SIM card, log into self serve here https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

Click Plans and Add-Ons

Click Change SIM card

Enter the new sim card number then hit submit

change sim.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.